Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What do you think of Holder's comment?

Holder said that if he testified about "Fast and Furious" that it would
cause a "Constitutional Crisis".

I may be wrong, but I thought that a constitutional crisis was when one of
the three branches of government were rendered unable to serve, or were
absent -- like the period of time between a President's being assassinated,
and the veep taking the oath of office.

Now, the Judiciary isn't going anywhere. Same for the Legislative branch.
So, does his comment imply that the President would be _removed_ from
office if his testimony were given?

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message . 3.70...
Holder said that if he testified about "Fast and Furious" that it would
cause a "Constitutional Crisis".

I may be wrong, but I thought that a constitutional crisis was when one of
the three branches of government were rendered unable to serve, or were
absent -- like the period of time between a President's being assassinated,
and the veep taking the oath of office.

Now, the Judiciary isn't going anywhere. Same for the Legislative branch.
So, does his comment imply that the President would be _removed_ from
office if his testimony were given?

LLoyd

After using the phrase "constitutional crisis" at least three times, Holder noted two hours into the hearingthat "constitutional conflict" might be a better term.

Read mo http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1yTSVJ6w0

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm remembering the government shut down. When the sleigh ride in the park
wasn't funded, and some other nonsense. The rest of the nation went right on
with their lives.

I say bring it on, we need some transparency, here.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

. 3.70...
Holder said that if he testified about "Fast and Furious" that it would
cause a "Constitutional Crisis".

I may be wrong, but I thought that a constitutional crisis was when one of
the three branches of government were rendered unable to serve, or were
absent -- like the period of time between a President's being assassinated,
and the veep taking the oath of office.

Now, the Judiciary isn't going anywhere. Same for the Legislative branch.
So, does his comment imply that the President would be _removed_ from
office if his testimony were given?

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Jun 21, 8:16*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:

Holder will squeal like a cheerleader on
helium if he doesn't.

Love that simile!

(cleaning coffee from keyboard)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/22/2012 6:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm remembering the government shut down. When the sleigh ride in the park
wasn't funded, and some other nonsense. The rest of the nation went right on
with their lives.

I say bring it on, we need some transparency, here.

We do.
But we won't get that.
What we will get is "National Security"