Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane tanks

I have decided to make a bbq cooker out of a propane tank if I can find one
of the appropriate size. A friend of mine owns a supply house, and I
believe they will have a dead one or two I can cut up and use. I was going
to make a brick one in the back yard, and then a guy at my church wants me
to cook up some stuff for July 18th. One on wheels would do what I need,
and be available for others, too.

I know to flush, fill with water, etc, to cut it.

How about removing the mercaptan smell? Once I get it open, what should I
do to kill that smell, or will heating it up with charcoal for the first
time do the trick?

Electric wirebrushing? Scrubbing with some type of cleaner?

???

Steve