Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Glow Sticks

I used to get chemical flares that were decently bright and would glow for a
long time. Pretty bright for 7-8 hours and a dim glow (in the dark) after
18-20 hours.

Now all the ones I get seem awfully dim, and they are DEAD at 7-9 hours.

You guys know a source for good ones?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I used to get chemical flares that were decently bright and would glow for
a long time. Pretty bright for 7-8 hours and a dim glow (in the dark)
after 18-20 hours.

Now all the ones I get seem awfully dim, and they are DEAD at 7-9 hours.

You guys know a source for good ones?

If you take more ecstasy, they glow brighter. Or so a friend told me.
Yeah, I have noticed a difference in them, but can't make any real
suggestions, as I see them as a waste of money, except, perhaps as a safe
emergency device. Is there any rating system on them? Have to look next
time I see them.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I used to get chemical flares that were decently bright and would glow for
a long time. Pretty bright for 7-8 hours and a dim glow (in the dark)
after 18-20 hours.

Now all the ones I get seem awfully dim, and they are DEAD at 7-9 hours.

You guys know a source for good ones?

If you take more ecstasy, they glow brighter. Or so a friend told me.
Yeah, I have noticed a difference in them, but can't make any real
suggestions, as I see them as a waste of money, except, perhaps as a safe
emergency device. Is there any rating system on them? Have to look next
time I see them.

Steve

I use them as markers when exploring shallow brushy backwaters. One place I
like to fish I have literally gone right by the "ramp" in the dark.
Alternatively one of those little blinkey LED lights with a whistle will
last longer, but it draws to much attention even if its out of the line of
site from the bank.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Snaplight 6" OR Ameriglo 6" Both are very good.
(Snaplights are Cyalumes industrial brand, not full mil-spec, Ameriglo
sells only mil-spec grade)

http://cyalume.com/amazon.php is there store

http://www.ameriglo.net/lighting They currently have orange 6" on sale
for .60 ea.

I carry them for use in areas where we have gas/fuel leaks. Personally I
think the Ameriglo are better and seem to tolerate temperatures better.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I ordered a few, and now I'll see how they do.

Sticks Like Sh*t The Medway Handyman UK diy 37 August 7th 11 10:42 PM
Popsicle Sticks J T Woodworking 0 December 30th 07 01:02 AM
Slip Sticks & Story Sticks charlie b Woodworking 8 February 27th 06 04:00 PM
Pointy Sticks are next Mark & Juanita Woodworking 97 June 17th 05 11:17 PM
More fun with push sticks!! Greg O Woodworking 8 April 16th 05 04:28 PM