Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Going out of state without a DOT number

We have a dump truck and a trailer. The dump truck is registered as a
26k vehicle (no CDL) and the trailer is registered at 20k gross, so
together they are a CDL required commercial vehicle.

We do not have a DOT number.

For now, we have been operating in-state (IL). There is an auction
coming up in Wisconsin and I would like to know if we can go there
without a DOT number. My reading of this is that we we move goods
interstate, we need a DOT number etc. Does anyone know this for sure?