Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Statistics for week ending 20120521

On 2012-05-22, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 05/21/2012 10:41 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

If you configure your newsreader (with a capable newsreader) to
mark articles cross-posted to three or more newsgroups (hint, count the
commas in the "Newsgroups: " header) you will seen almost none of this.
I typically get 30-60 articles per day, out of 300+ per day before the
killfile runs.

Is such a filter possible to setup in Thunderbird?

I don't know for sure. I use a dedicated program for unix/linux
systems as a newsreader -- currently slrn, and others earlier. Each has
its own strong points, and I particularly like how the killfile
(actually "scoring", which allows me to boost the score for some things
such as to negate the cross posting on the weekly puzzles posts, which
are cross-posted to three newsgroups.

You'll need to get information from others about what can be
done with Thunderbird.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564