Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Statistics for week ending 20120521

On 5/22/2012 2:04 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 05/21/2012 10:41 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

If you configure your newsreader (with a capable newsreader) to
mark articles cross-posted to three or more newsgroups (hint, count the
commas in the "Newsgroups: " header) you will seen almost none of this.
I typically get 30-60 articles per day, out of 300+ per day before the
killfile runs.

Is such a filter possible to setup in Thunderbird?

Jon

Supposedly. But it doesn't work all the time.
K - Kill Thread....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/22/2012 08:17 AM, Richard wrote:
On 5/22/2012 2:04 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 05/21/2012 10:41 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

If you configure your newsreader (with a capable newsreader) to
mark articles cross-posted to three or more newsgroups (hint, count the
commas in the "Newsgroups: " header) you will seen almost none of this.
I typically get 30-60 articles per day, out of 300+ per day before the
killfile runs.

Is such a filter possible to setup in Thunderbird?

Jon

Supposedly. But it doesn't work all the time.
K - Kill Thread....

I've been using the "K" for the buggers, and it certainly does kill each
bug once it gets sprayed.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/22/2012 6:52 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 05/22/2012 08:17 AM, Richard wrote:
On 5/22/2012 2:04 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 05/21/2012 10:41 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:

If you configure your newsreader (with a capable newsreader) to
mark articles cross-posted to three or more newsgroups (hint, count the
commas in the "Newsgroups: " header) you will seen almost none of this.
I typically get 30-60 articles per day, out of 300+ per day before the
killfile runs.

Is such a filter possible to setup in Thunderbird?

Jon

Supposedly. But it doesn't work all the time.
K - Kill Thread....

I've been using the "K" for the buggers, and it certainly does kill each
bug once it gets sprayed.

Jon

Not as emotionally satisfying as a good hanging, but it works ok.