Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lincoln SP-255, what's it worth?

Lincoln SP-255 Mig welder w/owner bottle.
This is the digital version. Is only on it's 2nd spool, which is
virtually new.

Can't take it with me, gotta sell. Looking for an idea what a virtually
brand new machine might be worth.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-05-10, Jon Anderson wrote:
Lincoln SP-255 Mig welder w/owner bottle.
This is the digital version. Is only on it's 2nd spool, which is
virtually new.

Can't take it with me, gotta sell. Looking for an idea what a virtually
brand new machine might be worth.

I sold two for $1200 each.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-05-10, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 5/10/2012 1:31 PM, Ignoramus18864 wrote:

I sold two for $1200 each.

What condition? This is right about what I was thinking of asking.
But didn't want to be giving away anything if it's really worth
significantly more...

They were in "Used, looks very good, works great" condition.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-05-10, Jon Anderson wrote:
Lincoln SP-255 Mig welder w/owner bottle.
This is the digital version. Is only on it's 2nd spool, which is
virtually new.

Can't take it with me, gotta sell. Looking for an idea what a virtually
brand new machine might be worth.

I sold two for $1200 each.

'course knowing Iggy he found them in the back of a garage sale in the
shipping cases and bought both for 50 bucks.....

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-05-10, Jon Anderson wrote:
Lincoln SP-255 Mig welder w/owner bottle.
This is the digital version. Is only on it's 2nd spool, which is
virtually new.

Can't take it with me, gotta sell. Looking for an idea what a virtually
brand new machine might be worth.

I sold two for $1200 each.

'course knowing Iggy he found them in the back of a garage sale in the
shipping cases and bought both for 50 bucks.....

Nope, paid $500 each at an auction.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lincoln SP-255, how to clean it?

I've had great results with simple green. Really odd, actually works.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message

Thanks. I could spend 15 minutes with a rag and 409, and mine would look
almost showroom from 20'. I'm comfortable I'm in a good range at 1200 then.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/10/2012 2:18 PM, Ignoramus18864 wrote:

They were in "Used, looks very good, works great" condition.

Thanks. I could spend 15 minutes with a rag and 409, and mine would look
almost showroom from 20'. I'm comfortable I'm in a good range at 1200 then.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-05-11, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 5/10/2012 2:18 PM, Ignoramus18864 wrote:

They were in "Used, looks very good, works great" condition.

Thanks. I could spend 15 minutes with a rag and 409, and mine would look
almost showroom from 20'. I'm comfortable I'm in a good range at 1200 then.

Definitely spend that 15 minutes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
Lincoln SP-255 Mig welder w/owner bottle.
This is the digital version. Is only on it's 2nd spool, which is virtually
new.

Can't take it with me, gotta sell. Looking for an idea what a virtually
brand new machine might be worth.

Jon

Anything "used" is from 50-75% of retail. 75% figure is if you have a
reasonable buyer, or friend. I wouldn't pay more than 50% of original
retail. "Brand new" means for three years, I can take it in for free
servicing. "Virtually brand new" means that you may have to pay for
anything that goes wrong with it. Hence, the difference in prices.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a Lincoln SP85 110 volt mig welder. Still works great.

charl