Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mill arbor question

my mill is both horizontal and vertical - I'm cleaning up and getting
rid of a bunch of arbors that are too big - I use 40 taper, these are 50
- is there ever a circumstance in which I will need 2" diameter arbor
spacers with any 40 taper arbor? I've done some checking and I don't
see any 40 taper arbors offered with 2" shafts so I think I'm safe not
saving a selection of spacers for a 2" shaft - agree? Anyone???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-04-29, Bill wrote:
my mill is both horizontal and vertical - I'm cleaning up and getting
rid of a bunch of arbors that are too big - I use 40 taper, these are 50
- is there ever a circumstance in which I will need 2" diameter arbor
spacers with any 40 taper arbor? I've done some checking and I don't
see any 40 taper arbors offered with 2" shafts so I think I'm safe not
saving a selection of spacers for a 2" shaft - agree? Anyone???

I agree. Get rid of it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:56:45 -0700, Bill
wrote:

my mill is both horizontal and vertical - I'm cleaning up and getting
rid of a bunch of arbors that are too big - I use 40 taper, these are 50
- is there ever a circumstance in which I will need 2" diameter arbor
spacers with any 40 taper arbor? I've done some checking and I don't
see any 40 taper arbors offered with 2" shafts so I think I'm safe not
saving a selection of spacers for a 2" shaft - agree? Anyone???

yep, scrap metal. I've got a 40 taper horizontal also.