Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for tool holding arbor for a Hendy 2B h-mill

I'm hoping to find a tool holding arbor for a Hendy 2B universal horizontal
mill. I suppose I can't get picky, but 1" diameter would be good.

I'd appreciate any information or advice. I mean besides forget it.

TIA,
Fred Klingener

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 8, 5:16*pm, "Fred Klingener" wrote:
I'm hoping to find a tool holding arbor for a Hendy 2B universal horizontal
mill. I suppose I can't get picky, but 1" diameter would be good.

I'd appreciate any information or advice. I mean besides forget it.

TIA,
Fred Klingener

Lots of people here might be able to help you if they knew what the
spindle taper is. Do you? If so, you might post it. If, on the
other hand, it's some rare spindle unique to that particular mill, you
may have a long search.

John Martin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Martin" wrote in message
On Mar 8, 5:16 pm, "Fred Klingener" wrote:

I'm hoping to find a tool holding arbor for a Hendy 2B universal
horizontal
mill. I suppose I can't get picky, but 1" diameter would be good.

I'd appreciate any information or advice. I mean besides forget it.

Lots of people here might be able to help you if they knew what the
spindle taper is. Do you? If so, you might post it. If, on the
other hand, it's some rare spindle unique to that particular mill, you
may have a long search.

John, Thanks for the response. Everyone who has looked at the machine and
measured it (mainly, I think, by trying some standard arbors that were lying
around or holding up a scale to it), thinks it's an odd-ball. I was sent on
this mission in vain hope that we could avoid trying to make our own.

I'll try to get better data and ask better questions.

Cheers,
Fred Klingener

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What everyone is looking for is the diameter at the mouth plus the
diameter an arbitrary but measured distance in. If have a caliper or
micrometer and a snap gage to pick up the dimensions you should have all
you need.

I did find this reference. Not sure if it is even close to what you have.
http://www.lathes.co.uk/hendey/page6.html