Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hawwke-Ptooey: child of privilege

I am convinced that Ptooey was born, relative to most, with a silver
spoon in his mouth. I don't necessarily mean he was the offspring of
0.001 percenters, just that his parents were affluent. He has written
that he lives off investments yet is only in his early 60s, but his
description of his working life does not paint a picture of someone who
made a lot of money, invested it well and now has earned the right to
live well in an earlier retirement than most people can imagine. No -
Ptooey definitely gives the impression of someone who is living well off
investments others made. You simply don't live off investments if your
working career was spent dabbling as a tennis instructor, paralegal and
other modestly paid pursuits.

Because Ptooey didn't earn his financial security, he takes it for
granted, as do so many children of privilege. As with the Kennedys, he
has a "I've got mine, now **** the rest of you" outlook.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/4/2012 1:30 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

That's known as the aristocratic or country club republican view of the
world. It must be irritating to know someone like me might be a member
of that elite group, eh? It goes against everything you though you knew.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Hawke wrote:

That's known as the aristocratic or country club republican view of the
world. It must be irritating to know someone like me might be a member
of that elite group, eh? It goes against everything you though you knew.

Hawke

Ahh so it is true then.
jk
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/4/2012 6:03 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

That's known as the aristocratic or country club republican view of the
world. It must be irritating to know someone like me might be a member
of that elite group, eh? It goes against everything you though you knew.

Hawke

Ahh so it is true then.

Of course it's true. I can read the Fun with Dick and Jane book that is
Hawwke-Ptooey's life without any problem.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/4/2012 5:36 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

You didn't earn it. You were born to privilege. You're a dilettante, a
dabbler, a fainéant. You weren't even able to achieve the biological
imperative. You're a dead end.