Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Easy shoe shining tip #62

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus7130 fired this volley in
:

the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color.

yeah... but so will the socks and the feet!

It's one thing to polish the outsides, but how do you get the oil out of
the INSIDE of the shoes?

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-03-10, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus7130 fired this volley in
:

the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color.

yeah... but so will the socks and the feet!

It's one thing to polish the outsides, but how do you get the oil out of
the INSIDE of the shoes?

I was very lucky, there was only a couple of inches of oil, none got
inside. At least I think so, I had black socks on me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus7130" wrote in message

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

_______________________________

If you wear any soft-soled shoe within 5' of a wire trimmer you have instant
golf shoes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 18:35:04 -0600, Ignoramus7130
wrote:

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

Which brings up another shoe issue: Sulfated cutting oil will turn
leather soles into oatmeal in about three days.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Ignoramus7130 wrote:

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

Ha!

Been there done that, got the t-shirt!

It was about 20 years ago... but in my case it was those white leather
Addias...

IIRC, it wasn't all that amusing when it happened... but everyone else
seemed to think it was hilarious! Have a photo around here somewhere.

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

Heh heh heh. Time to fire that silly sumbish who left an open
container of oil around. "Hire" someone who immediately funnels it
into an old gallon jug so it can be recycled, eh?

P.S: Wives do -not- love the new smell of the shoes when they return
to the house. (DAMHIKT, as I'm single.)

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus7130" wrote in message
If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

.........did you repeat with the other one for a matching pair?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:29:54 -0800, Erik wrote:

In article ,
Ignoramus7130 wrote:

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a
bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

Ha!

Been there done that, got the t-shirt!

It was about 20 years ago... but in my case it was those white leather
Addias...

IIRC, it wasn't all that amusing when it happened... but everyone else
seemed to think it was hilarious! Have a photo around here somewhere.

Erik

When I was in high school my brother left some used motor oil in a
plastic pan and the cat jumped into it. The cat was soaked halfway up
his body. I put him in the tub and used lots of dish soap to clean off
the oil. The poor cat just howled the whole time I was cleaning hime
off.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Ignoramus7130 fired this volley in
:

the leather
shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin
black color.

yeah... but so will the socks and the feet!

It's one thing to polish the outsides, but how do you get the oil out
of the INSIDE of the shoes?

He didn't say the method was perfect.

zero, and remove the last word.