Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JB JB is offline

Default Clausing Colchester Mod 13 lathe

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
Ive got an opportunity to aquire a Clausing Colchester Mod 13..the
square topped machine..I believe its also sold as a Harrison M300

Machine is incredibly low hours..they added a CNC attachment to the
compound and used only that..so the ways are virtually unused/unworn and
it probably has less than 500 hrs on the machine itself.

Old customer of mine, and they would like me to have it, so I have a
definate "in"

http://www.lathes.co.uk/colchester/page17.html

This is probably late 1980s to late 1990s machine. It still has all of
its paint G

Its completely different than my Clausing 1500 and I see mention of it
as the perfect gunsmiths lathe on various message boards.

Anyone have any pluses and minuses of this lathe?

I have a Hardinge HLV-H as well, but its simply too small for
gunsmithing of any serious nature.

We have a Harrision M300 here in our maintenance shop. It is a pretty robust
workhorse capable of very accurate work. This is *really* rigid lathe! Ours
had problems with a couple of polymer gears in the 'box when we got it but
the spares were readily available and cheap. All is fine now. One main
advantage for us was we could get 1.5" matl down through the spindle.

This is our one: http://www.lathes.co.uk/harrison-m/page2.html

JB