Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Clausing Colchester Mod 13 lathe

Jordan wrote:
On 3/6/2012 9:55 AM, David Billington wrote:

When I needed a few items for my M300 I just looked up Harrison's
contact details on the internet then rang them and ordered the parts.
Might be easier for me as Harrison are in the UK on the other side of
the country.

Thanks. I'll be in UK next month.
Prices here, from a company called 600 Group, are mind-bogglingly high.

Is it just me, or is the M300 what inspired myriad Asian copies?
Sure looks that way.

Harrison have been part of the 600 group for quite some time. The parts
I ordered were acceptable in price, I wouldn't have called them cheap. I
did ask about a travelling and fixed steady and I didn't think the price
was too bad but as I didn't need them at the time I have bided my time
and bought on ebay since. They did have a minimum order in the UK but
your gears might be more, you'll have to enquire and I expect they're a
standard module so maybe you can fashion from a stock gear if required.

Regarding the steadies I've seen them go on ebay several times for about
what I was quoted for new about 3 or 4 years earlier.