Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bit of a score, and a long shot request for a manual

Landlord came by today with a small machining job, bore a sprocket and
turn a stepped bushing, and mill a few slots in a piece of HR flat bar.
While talking, he asked about buying a vintage Ford screw jack I have
(which I've been told is a Model A truck jack), said I'd think about it.

Took less than an hour, and took the parts up. He asked if I was
interested in a dividing head. Fairly big sucker, old, with a fairly
modern 6" 3 jaw. I said the job was no big deal and wasn't sure it was
such a good deal for him. So he asked if the work plus the jack was
fairer. Well, heck, sounded good to me!

So. It's marked "The K Mfg Co. Milwaukee, Wis. USA"
Looks to me to be about 40's vintage, maybe earlier. The dividing plate
and arm are about 45 degrees to the base, and it appears to be
adjustable for angle. Needs a lot of cleaning up, but I think it's in
good shape overall. Basic operation is pretty obvious, but there's bolts
and and potential adjustments that are not entirely obvious at a casual
glance. I have a Hardinge dividing head, but the 4:1 ratio, so a 40:1 is
a nice addition.

A bit of searching on Google yielded only one relevant hit in Practical
Machinist back in 2005. Anyone by any chance have a manual for this?
Happy to pay costs for copying and postage.

Jon

A very long shot brass monkey UK diy 7 March 5th 10 10:03 AM
Long Shot, Virginia Beach Roofers? cshenk Home Repair 0 November 14th 09 08:22 PM
Long shot... Rockwell 9 tablesaw parts Ed Edelenbos Woodworking 4 October 21st 08 06:32 PM
OK, Here Is A LONG Shot, But.... EADGBE Electronics Repair 17 August 5th 08 01:11 AM
It's a long shot, but . . . . Jon Yaeger Electronics Repair 2 June 25th 05 06:04 PM