Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Apple - VS Made in America?

"Wes" wrote in message
John B. wrote:

What you don't realize that regardless of what you think the workers
you are referring to believe that they are being treated well and that
they have bettered their lives by getting a job in the factory.

Actually I do realize that this is a step up for them. Of course these
factories keep
moving further inland because the peasants are wanting higher wages.

In fact, nearly all of them come from an agricultural background and
are pretty damned sure that they have found a better life then back on
the farm (I seem to remember something similar happening in the U.S.
some years ago. In fact wasn't there a song written about it?)

I don't remember what the song was. A whole lot of people moved north in
days past from
the agrarian south to cities like Detroit to make high wages. That worked
for a while but
now many of them are trapped in inner cites with no hope.

I wonder if history will do a repeat?

Wes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6dP1xLk4rQ