Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Provide for the General Welfare ...

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:08:05 -0700, "Ray Keller" DESPERATE RIGHTARD
TROLL wrote:

Provide for the General Welfare ...
There is much confusion about what is or is not in the Constitution and how
it applies to those in service to We the People. Frankly I attribute this to
the public education of this countries youth since at least the 1950's.

Many have queried this writer on the context of the following quote;

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare but
only those specifically enumerated."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson, Madison, and Hamilton argued this point. Eventually,
Hamilton's view won, and it was solidified in the US v. Butler case
(1936). As Hamilton's view was explained in the Federalist Papers, and
as it now functions in our law, it provides an expansive view of
Congress's power to spend tax money.

Jefferson, BTW, was referring to the second instance of the "general
welfare" clause in the Constitution. You probably think it was the
first one. You'd know that if you'd actually read Constitutional
history.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

TROLL wrote:

[...]

You mean you could tell that this guy doesn't really know the first
thing about the constitution? I'm amazed. It sounded like he really knew
what he was talking about.

Hawke

OT - welfare mentality Stormin Mormon Home Repair 62 October 15th 11 01:03 PM
Welfare Queen John Martin Metalworking 1 October 27th 08 04:57 PM
Welfare Queen Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 October 23rd 08 11:19 PM
I hate welfare! ndugu Home Repair 7 September 15th 05 11:42 AM
Difference between General 50-250 and General 350 table saws? Dean Hummel Woodworking 1 April 8th 05 02:27 AM