Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Binoc repair?

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:53:18 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Loaned out my Minolta Standard 10x50 at the beginning of deer season,
got them back a month or so ago. Just took em out to look at
something..and evidently the guy dropped em as Ive now got double
images. Prism or oculars have moved in one. Anyone here fix binocs..or
know an inexpensive shop I can send these to?

Any suggestions? Im not particularly good with optics and frankly..dont
have clue what Im doing with repairs so Im not even going to take the
pants off them.

Any suggestions or links would be great!!

The person who cleans our microscopes at work has mentioned doing
prism repairs on microscopes in the past. If the binocs are
economically worth it, you might look for places that service the
microscopes for hospitals and universities.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Loaned out my Minolta Standard 10x50 at the beginning of deer season,
got them back a month or so ago. Just took em out to look at
something..and evidently the guy dropped em as Ive now got double
images. Prism or oculars have moved in one. Anyone here fix binocs..or
know an inexpensive shop I can send these to?

Any suggestions? Im not particularly good with optics and frankly..dont
have clue what Im doing with repairs so Im not even going to take the
pants off them.

Any suggestions or links would be great!!

The person who cleans our microscopes at work has mentioned doing
prism repairs on microscopes in the past. If the binocs are
economically worth it, you might look for places that service the
microscopes for hospitals and universities.

RWL

I had that problem with a pair of Swifts, got them fixed at Land, Sea,
and Sky in Houston. Used to be Texas Nautical Repair when I bought
them. Gone all new age and moved from Fannin to Richmond near the
Village now, but they still do good optics.

Pete Keillor

Binoc repair? beryl Metalworking 1 January 27th 12 06:32 AM
Rugs Repair, Carpet Cleaning, Rug Repair and Restoration CompanyLondon Chris Campbell Home Ownership 0 April 12th 10 11:44 AM
Stumped on home repair of GFCI circuit all dead after light repair Donna[_2_] Home Repair 14 May 20th 08 03:00 PM
Stumped on home repair of GFCI circuit all dead after light repair Donna[_2_] Home Ownership 14 May 20th 08 03:00 PM
Kenwood KA-5700 - Please help me repair / Hobby Repair / Blows Fuses Tony Heslington Electronics Repair 5 July 10th 06 02:34 PM