Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Child Support again!

My child support paycheck deductions was ordered to end 1 year ago, my
employer didn't catch it and I wasn't informed that their withholding order
had an end date. So, my child support deductions continued until May 2011,
that was fine by me because I would have had to send the payment until the
youngest graduated high school.

Now after all was straightened out, my work deducted child support out of my
pay for this week. I'm guessing since this was the week of the 1 year since
CS was supposed to stop, it somehow got triggered to be deducted, maybe they
entered 2011 in the computer as an end date instead of 2010 or something
like that. Anyway they have already deducted over $4000 more than they were
supposed to and now started deducting again, on top of this I was already
around $1000 ahead on CS because IL Child Support Enforcement ordered
arrearage because they are incompetent to calculate child support....

Needless to say, them restarting child support deductions the Friday before
Christmas isn't good timing financially for me. I'll talk to payroll
tomorrow (unless they got off for the holiday, we didn't), not sure what
they'll do about it though.

My work took money from my pay that they weren't supposed to and sent it as
child support and it will probably be deposited in my ex's bank account. I
think my work should give me the payment they took (their mistake) and they
can figure out how to get the money from my ex. I have heard that an
employee can sue their employer for money deducted as child support when
it's not ordered by the court. If they aren't real cooperative, I feel like
taking them to court and getting the entire ~$4500 they wrongfully deducted.
Understand this company has an "our employees can kiss our ass" attitude and
has been sued multiple times because they have refused to follow their own
company policy when it works in the employees favor, ie they treat an
employee wrong, against the law and/or against company policy, and the
employee has to take them to court to get what they are supposed to have.

Just wondering if anyone knows if I have any leverage, like demanding they
immediately give me the amount they wrongfully deducted this week?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:13:59 -0600, "RogerN"
wrote:

[...]

I Goggled "child support attorney georgia" and got 3,920,000 results.
Perhaps you should use the same search terms with your city and state.
Ain't no child support lawyers in this group that give free advice.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

In all such interactions, unless I personally know the people involved, I
follow a "speak softly and carry a big stick" policy -- be nice and
polite, but firm, and when you feel like you need to shout, call a lawyer
instead.

It does help to know exactly what your rights are before hand. If you
_know_ you're entitled to that $4500 and they're being really
uncooperative about the $200 or $500 or whatever, then you can always
casually mention that they owe you $4500 that you're not asking for at
the moment.

And -- if they're such d***wads, why are you still there, or at least not
actively looking for other work? If they're not otherwise perfect, you
should vote with your feet.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:13:59 -0600, RogerN wrote:

snip

And -- if they're such d***wads, why are you still there, or at least not
actively looking for other work? If they're not otherwise perfect, you
should vote with your feet.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

There are the local people that are pretty good people all seem to be trying
to do their job making the company run. Then there is the corporate
dictating how we do things, it seems more like they are trying to make us
unsuccessful, probably in their own ignorance. It's a German owned company
and when we get new manufacturing equipment, they specify that we have to
buy this from the German manufacturer of their choice. So we get equipment
from Germany and many of the parts are only available from Germany, not even
stocked in the USA.

So we end up trying to manufacture ~35,000 tires per day with every machine
pushed near the max. Something breaks and we end up needing parts that are
not in stock because corporate doesn't want to give us the money to buy
spares for the equipment they specify and there is a 6-12 week lead time to
get the part from Germany. Basically we (local company) are in a battle
with the corporate trying to keep the place producing.

There are the "difficult to deal with" that control the company but the
local people I work with every day are also in a battle with the d***wads to
try to keep things going. My other reason for staying is that sometimes,
with overtime, a one week paycheck can be 4X my mortgage payment, that's
pretty good pay for this line of work in this area.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. It varies so much from state to state that it would be unlikely
that anyone could give more than the most general advise.

This is a subject Im personally steering clear of, and I know a little
bit about it..but only in California.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:24:49 -0500, Usual suspect
wrote:

snip

Indeed. It varies so much from state to state that it would be unlikely
that anyone could give more than the most general advise.

This is a subject Im personally steering clear of, and I know a little
bit about it..but only in California.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

From my experience child support seems to be pretty messed up, I don't know
why men don't get together and demand fair treatment.

The company evidently caught their mistake and deposited the money they
shouldn't have deducted.

I'm a little short fused with the child support stuff because of:

My ex delayed the divorce but the dates for CS didn't get updated, so
the day of the divorce I was ~6 weeks behind from the date of the divorce.

Had to pay child support when the children lived with me. Ex was too
sick to take care of the kids so her(receiving public aid for the children)
and her boyfriend would go out to the gambling boats, she wasn't too sick
for that.

Taken to court multiple times because IL dept of public aid child
support enforcement can't figure out how to correctly calculate child
support. Every time their States Atty. had their mistake figured out and I
never had to see the judge.

I have reason to believe the last child may be fathered by my ex's
boyfriend. Should a man have to pay child support if the child isn't his?
Well, if you believed your lying ex, she is rewarded for her lying and
cheating and the man is made to pay for what she did. No surprise these
unfair laws come from Democrats. If I wasn't the father I could get tested
to determine it but the law doesn't care about scientific fact, they reward
the lying cheating mom.

So how did these Democrat laws work out? Daughter raped their mom's 2nd
husband. Mom raising daughters has one man after another live with her, no
telling what the kids went through that I haven't heard about. Now they are
acting like they were raised. The Democrat laws made it easy for the Ex to
lie and made the divorce easy for her to get. Now the Democrats are reaping
what they sowed, the kids have been raised to live on the system.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Control system and signal processing consulting www.wescottdesign.com

[...]

Sounds like the good is outweighing the bad.

Good luck with your discussion with Payroll -- I hope it stays at the
"discussion" level, and doesn't evolve into "battle".

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com