Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Child Support again!

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:24:49 -0500, Usual suspect
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:13:59 -0600, "RogerN"
wrote:

My child support paycheck deductions was ordered to end 1 year ago, my
employer didn't catch it and I wasn't informed that their withholding order
had an end date. So, my child support deductions continued until May 2011,
that was fine by me because I would have had to send the payment until the
youngest graduated high school.

Now after all was straightened out, my work deducted child support out of my
pay for this week. I'm guessing since this was the week of the 1 year since
CS was supposed to stop, it somehow got triggered to be deducted, maybe they
entered 2011 in the computer as an end date instead of 2010 or something
like that. Anyway they have already deducted over $4000 more than they were
supposed to and now started deducting again, on top of this I was already
around $1000 ahead on CS because IL Child Support Enforcement ordered
arrearage because they are incompetent to calculate child support....

Needless to say, them restarting child support deductions the Friday before
Christmas isn't good timing financially for me. I'll talk to payroll
tomorrow (unless they got off for the holiday, we didn't), not sure what
they'll do about it though.

My work took money from my pay that they weren't supposed to and sent it as
child support and it will probably be deposited in my ex's bank account. I
think my work should give me the payment they took (their mistake) and they
can figure out how to get the money from my ex. I have heard that an
employee can sue their employer for money deducted as child support when
it's not ordered by the court. If they aren't real cooperative, I feel like
taking them to court and getting the entire ~$4500 they wrongfully deducted.
Understand this company has an "our employees can kiss our ass" attitude and
has been sued multiple times because they have refused to follow their own
company policy when it works in the employees favor, ie they treat an
employee wrong, against the law and/or against company policy, and the
employee has to take them to court to get what they are supposed to have.

Just wondering if anyone knows if I have any leverage, like demanding they
immediately give me the amount they wrongfully deducted this week?

RogerN

I Goggled "child support attorney georgia" and got 3,920,000 results.
Perhaps you should use the same search terms with your city and state.
Ain't no child support lawyers in this group that give free advice.

Indeed. It varies so much from state to state that it would be unlikely
that anyone could give more than the most general advise.

This is a subject Im personally steering clear of, and I know a little
bit about it..but only in California.

Gunner

Gunner Asch