Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Folding band saw blades

While researching band saw blades for my latest boondoggle I discovered a local
suppler has a few videos up on Youtube.

Probably old school to more than a few here, but I was fascinated by one in
particular. I was taught to make a simple three loop fold using the 'pretend
it's a saddle' then fold real quick method back in the late 70s. Was never
taught, nor figured out on my own, just how to add extra loops like done in
this video.

Small window and starts near the end where she (and you have already clicked:-)
) starts folding the blade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb65y...lpage#t=37 0s

Full screen, seven minutes long and starts at the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Lb65yCVPem8
--
William
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 06:53:47 -0500, William Bagwell
wrote:

While researching band saw blades for my latest boondoggle I discovered a local
suppler has a few videos up on Youtube.

Probably old school to more than a few here, but I was fascinated by one in
particular. I was taught to make a simple three loop fold using the 'pretend
it's a saddle' then fold real quick method back in the late 70s. Was never
taught, nor figured out on my own, just how to add extra loops like done in
this video.

Small window and starts near the end where she (and you have already clicked:-)
) starts folding the blade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb65y...lpage#t=37 0s

Full screen, seven minutes long and starts at the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Lb65yCVPem8

I know those are OSHA-approved pink boobs (lovely) but are those
OSHA-approved shorts for that procedure?

(AFAIC, she can wear anything she wants.)

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Bagwell wrote:
While researching band saw blades for my latest boondoggle I discovered a local
suppler has a few videos up on Youtube.

Many years ago, my local 'band saw blade monger'
warned me sternly against folding the blades
thusly. Nowadays, his son hands me the blades
folded using the simple 'saddle' process you
alluded to.

This modern age is disorienting if you
contemplate the advances we are making in
physics.....

--Winston

Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades Hoosierpopi Woodworking 23 September 1st 11 06:12 PM
band-saw blades JP Home Repair 2 February 9th 11 03:05 AM
Band Saw Blades [email protected] Woodworking 25 January 10th 09 05:26 PM
Band saw blades in SF bay area Jerry Foster Metalworking 0 May 13th 06 12:55 AM
best deals on 93.5 band saw blades? Grant Woodworking 4 April 2nd 05 03:42 AM