Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More Power Less Speed

I haven't tried it yet, but I just picked up a PC 690LR to try as an
alternative to the Bosch Colt. For now I'll have to manually switch it
until I get some heavier control relays for my system. I'm in the process
of laying out the mounting clamp for the bigger router right now.

We will see.

It only turns 27k RPM though. I am going to have to really watch it with my
smallest cutters. I hope I don't have to slow down to much. On the other
side since its single speed and some of bigger cutters don't like to run
over 24K I'll need to look at adding a speed control. Sigh. LOL. Fun fun
fun.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I haven't tried it yet, but I just picked up a PC 690LR to try as an
alternative to the Bosch Colt. For now I'll have to manually switch it
until I get some heavier control relays for my system. I'm in the process
of laying out the mounting clamp for the bigger router right now.

We will see.

It only turns 27k RPM though. I am going to have to really watch it with
my smallest cutters. I hope I don't have to slow down to much. On the
other side since its single speed and some of bigger cutters don't like to
run over 24K I'll need to look at adding a speed control. Sigh. LOL.
Fun fun fun.

Oh, darn. I missed an opportunity for another "What's it going to be?"
thread.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I will have a real industrial 2 HP router head for sale soon.

$3,000 new. I can sell here for $1k. Made by Warsaw Machinery in
Warsaw, IN.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus12911" wrote in message
I will have a real industrial 2 HP router head for sale soon.

$3,000 new. I can sell here for $1k. Made by Warsaw Machinery in
Warsaw, IN.

Can you post some specs on it? Also current bearing condition, weight, etc.