Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Link Belts

On Nov 22, 4:33*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:

*Since both of my drill presses and my one small manual
mill all use v-belts I was wondering if I could benefit on them from
changing over to link belts?

My experience is that machine tools made in Taiwan or China come with
belts that are not high quality. Replacing the belts with quality vee
belts makes a difference.

Another experience I had was replacing belts on a can crusher at a
scrap yard. Some link belt was available so I put it on. I forget
why it did not work well, but do remember replacing the belts again
with regular vee belts to restore the can crusher to good performance.

Again just my experience. The link belt would probably work fine for
a machine that is lightly loaded.

Dan

Link Belts Doug White Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 03:48 PM
Link Belts Jim Wilkins[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 01:16 PM
Link Belts Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 06:57 AM
Link Belts George G Metalworking 6 January 12th 04 03:43 PM
link belts Paul Woodworking 3 December 12th 03 12:30 AM