Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 67227

Ideal for under the hood of a car, in drawers, closets,
toolboxes or during an emergency roadside repair.

a.. 24 LED's for powerful illumination, 3 front LED's for
use as a flashlight
b.. Folding 360º swivel hook to illuminate various angles
c.. Easy on/off switch
d.. 48 hour runtime
e.. Includes 3 AAA batteries
(I don't believe for a second, the 48 hour run time.)
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message news:...
Those HF lights with three and 27 (blackbird baked in a pie)
LED are sold out, as usual. On sale for three bucks. Like
pheasant under glass, what's the point? Who cares if they
are 29 cents, if they aren't in stock.

I did a rain check, hope they set aside mine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-...ght-67227.html

I bought one, when they had em in stock. Magnet it over the
work bench of my van, and it is good work bench light. wish
they used AA cells, not AAA. Still, a good light for three
bucks.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

.

http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-...ight-67227.htm

I bought one, when they had em in stock. Magnet it over the
work bench of my van, and it is good work bench light. wish
they used AA cells, not AAA. Still, a good light for three
bucks.

I suspect the 48 hours is the time it will produce 'light'... very
different from 'useful light'.

Seems like for that price, you could crunch some numbers and come up
with the right size resistor to modify, and permanently wire one or more
of them into your van's electrical system.

Also check some of these, most if not all already set up for 12V use
(sorry for the long url, copy paste as necessary:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...t=0&_sop=12&_d
mpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_dmd=1&_odk w=Car+Interior+24+LED&_
osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Erik wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...t=0&_sop=12&_d
mpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_dmd=1&_odk w=Car+Interior+24+LED&_
osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

That link gives a page with over 5000 hits on various automotive LED
lights and adapters.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-12, Erik wrote:
In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Ideal for under the hood of a car, in drawers, closets,
toolboxes or during an emergency roadside repair.

a.. 24 LED's for powerful illumination, 3 front LED's for
use as a flashlight
b.. Folding 360º swivel hook to illuminate various angles
c.. Easy on/off switch
d.. 48 hour runtime
e.. Includes 3 AAA batteries
(I don't believe for a second, the 48 hour run time.)

[ ... ]

I suspect the 48 hours is the time it will produce 'light'... very
different from 'useful light'.

And for those who have not yet used LED flashlights, it is
difficult to tell when it is about out of juice. Unlike an incandescent
light (flashlight or whatever), the color does not change as the voltage
drops. It just gets dimmer at the same blue-white color until it
suddenly winks out.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've learned to have at least one set of spare batteries on
hand. Same goes for FRS walkie talkies.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

I suspect the 48 hours is the time it will produce
'light'... very
different from 'useful light'.

And for those who have not yet used LED flashlights, it is
difficult to tell when it is about out of juice. Unlike an
incandescent
light (flashlight or whatever), the color does not change as
the voltage
drops. It just gets dimmer at the same blue-white color
until it
suddenly winks out.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice
(all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |
--- Black Holes are where God is dividing by
zero ---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:33:56 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

[...]

My experience with ultra cheapo units has been that the number of LEDs
showing light goes down near the end of battery life.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DoN. wrote in message

I suspect the 48 hours is the time it will produce
'light'... very
different from 'useful light'.

And for those who have not yet used LED flashlights, it is
difficult to tell when it is about out of juice. Unlike an
incandescent
light (flashlight or whatever), the color does not change as
the voltage
drops. It just gets dimmer at the same blue-white color
until it
suddenly winks out.

Enjoy,
DoN.

My experience with ultra cheapo units has been that the number of LEDs
showing light goes down near the end of battery life.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

My Mini Maglite LED will start to flash intermittently.
I then know that the cell cap is loose or that it is
time to replace cells.

--Winston