Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default 67227

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:33:56 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've learned to have at least one set of spare batteries on
hand. Same goes for FRS walkie talkies.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DoN. wrote in message

I suspect the 48 hours is the time it will produce
'light'... very
different from 'useful light'.

And for those who have not yet used LED flashlights, it is
difficult to tell when it is about out of juice. Unlike an
incandescent
light (flashlight or whatever), the color does not change as
the voltage
drops. It just gets dimmer at the same blue-white color
until it
suddenly winks out.

Enjoy,
DoN.

My experience with ultra cheapo units has been that the number of LEDs
showing light goes down near the end of battery life.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

My Mini Maglite LED will start to flash intermittently.
I then know that the cell cap is loose or that it is
time to replace cells.

--Winston