Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Picture of compressor install in progress

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus17081 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

Wow, looks good!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

I hope your compressor is away from the wall a good distance. They tend
to frown on blocking access to the electrical panels.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-15, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

I hope your compressor is away from the wall a good distance. They tend
to frown on blocking access to the electrical panels.

About 2 feet away from the wall. I can move it some more away from the
wall.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/14/2011 11:31 PM, Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

With the Quincy, you might forget where you put it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 23:54:43 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

I hope your compressor is away from the wall a good distance. They tend
to frown on blocking access to the electrical panels.

In California..they would shut the shop down for this.

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 23:04:04 -0500, Ignoramus17081

On 2011-10-15, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

I hope your compressor is away from the wall a good distance. They tend
to frown on blocking access to the electrical panels.

About 2 feet away from the wall. I can move it some more away from the
wall.

I believe code is 36". Do check it! http://goo.gl/ZA0Tk CFR, NEC

Um, Ig, the water trap/filter on its SIDE there is not doing you a
damned bit of good. Plumb it out so it can stand vertically, eh?

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Um, Ig, the water trap/filter on its SIDE there is not doing you a
damned bit of good. Plumb it out so it can stand vertically, eh?

Wait for the answer, Larry.

Note that the end of the pipe isn't connected to anything.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-15, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

I hope your compressor is away from the wall a good distance. They tend
to frown on blocking access to the electrical panels.

About 2 feet away from the wall. I can move it some more away from the
wall.

I believe code is 36". Do check it! http://goo.gl/ZA0Tk CFR, NEC

Um, Ig, the water trap/filter on its SIDE there is not doing you a
damned bit of good. Plumb it out so it can stand vertically, eh?

It is not even close to being finished. This stuff takes forever to
complete, due to need to buy and wait for minor trinkets. I am fine
with that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-15, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus17081 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

I hope your compressor is away from the wall a good distance. They tend
to frown on blocking access to the electrical panels.

About 2 feet away from the wall. I can move it some more away from the
wall.

Doesn't NEC want three feet?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:31:38 -0500, Ignoramus17081
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-8960.jpg

Now go find a "Hand-Off-Auto" switch for the motor starter can, 'Hand'
is for when you switch the unloader valve to Constant Run mode.

Look on the wiring diagrams for the motor starter, they'll show you
where to hook up the pressure switch on the "Auto" loop.

And don't freak on blocking the controls too much with an old
installation, as long as you can get to them in a hurry.

Gunner's right, any Building Inspector walks through and sees this,
they'd shut you down in a heartbeat over safety concerns if this was
new construction. But it isn't - sometimes you just gotta play the
hand you were dealt.

-- Bruce --
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 08:57:18 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Um, Ig, the water trap/filter on its SIDE there is not doing you a
damned bit of good. Plumb it out so it can stand vertically, eh?

Wait for the answer, Larry.

Note that the end of the pipe isn't connected to anything.

Oh, I thought that piece went to an in-slab fitting near the foot.
I saw the disconnected 2" pipe on the wall. PVC, isn't it? g