Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An Obama Success Story: Sly Stone Broke, Living In Van

Arizona John wrote in message
On 9/26/2011 3:12 PM, Change Baby! wrote:
Sly Stone, the former funk singer who fronted the band Sly& The
Family Stone, told The New York Post over the weekend he's broke
and living out of a van.

Stone, 68, spoke of how his use of drugs and money mismanagement
have led him to a homeless life on the road.

“I like my small camper,” he told the newspaper. “I just do not
want to return to a fixed home. I cannot stand being in one
place. I must keep moving.”

Starting in 1968, Stone's band released a string of hits such as
“Dance To The Music,” followed by “Everyday People,” “Family
Affair" and “Stand!”

But Stone's drug problems worsened in the 1970s. In the 1980s,
he was arrested multiple times on cocaine possession and also
spent lavishly on items such as expensive cars. He showed up,
out of sorts on stage at the 2006 Grammy Awards and scarcely has
been seen since.

"Please tell everybody, please, to give me a job, play my
music," Stone told the paper. "I’m tired of all this sh-t, man
. with new energy, it will feel good to step on stage. I see
all the guys playing those old songs. Let these guys know, like
Lady Gaga, let me come in, just let me come in and pay me if you
like it.”

http://www.wyff4.com/r/29305357/detail.html

Hope and Change, Dude. Hope and Change.

I have sympathy for people who are on hard times. Who are homeless.

I have less sympathy for people who had it all, and stuffed it up their
nose, in their arm, or blew it up in smoke.

Sly COULD be a Oldies Entertainer, and I think there are enough old people
around who would pay to see him. Enough for him to at least live better
than he is now.

It is only going to work if Sly wants it to, or he'll be doing a repeat. I
would think with his public plea that he should hear from someone with some
work, or at least he might get his second chance. What he does with it

There was that golden voiced radio guy that was rediscovered on a street
corner with a sign. He got a good job. He had some problems, apparently,
with alcohol after that, and dealing with the sudden change of life. Anyone
heard of what finally happened to him?

Steve

OT/ A Success Story ChairMan Woodworking 2 September 4th 10 12:05 AM
STORY OF SUCCESS... avtar Woodworking 1 January 29th 07 10:44 PM
STORY OF SUCCESS... [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 29th 07 03:35 PM
STORY OF WEALTH , SUCCESS AND LOVE avtar Woodworking 0 January 24th 07 01:28 PM
STORY OF WEALTH , SUCCESS AND LOVE [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 24th 07 01:27 PM