Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of the 6thfloor of a building?

How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of the 6th floor
of a building? Let me randomly say this is a height of 20 meters.

Where would you start with a question like this? Well, first, we need
some bubble wrap. What properties can I even measure from bubble wrap?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...h-bubble-wrap/

Engineering - with a purpose!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 00:04:19 -0500, Richard wrote:

How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of the 6th floor
of a building? Let me randomly say this is a height of 20 meters.

Where would you start with a question like this? Well, first, we need
some bubble wrap. What properties can I even measure from bubble wrap?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...h-bubble-wrap/

Engineering - with a purpose!

Wear hearing protectors.

--
Boris
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

More bubble, if you land foot first. Compared to flat on
your back landing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Richard" wrote in message
How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of
the 6th floor
of a building? Let me randomly say this is a height of 20
meters.

Where would you start with a question like this? Well,
first, we need
some bubble wrap. What properties can I even measure from
bubble wrap?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...h-bubble-wrap/

Engineering - with a purpose!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:28:33 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

More bubble, if you land foot first. Compared to flat on
your back landing.

That's a myth.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Richard" wrote in message
How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of the 6th floor
of a building? Let me randomly say this is a height of 20 meters.

Where would you start with a question like this? Well, first, we need some
bubble wrap. What properties can I even measure from bubble wrap?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...h-bubble-wrap/

Engineering - with a purpose!

With some questionable assumptions and a ludicrous result.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm going on common sense. What is your basis?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

More bubble, if you land foot first. Compared to flat on
your back landing.

That's a myth.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:52:28 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm going on common sense. What is your basis?

Someone with common sense will already have too much bubble, in
anticipation of any kind of landing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of the 6th floor
of a building? Let me randomly say this is a height of 20 meters.

Where would you start with a question like this? Well, first, we need
some bubble wrap. What properties can I even measure from bubble wrap?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...h-bubble-wrap/

Engineering - with a purpose!

I wish that back on Dec 6, 2010 that I had a few wraps of bubble wrap between me and the
shoulder belt. 6 weeks in fear of coughing was too damn long.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

How much bubble wrap do you need to survive jumping out of the 6th floor
of a building? Let me randomly say this is a height of 20 meters.

Where would you start with a question like this? Well, first, we need
some bubble wrap. What properties can I even measure from bubble wrap?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...h-bubble-wrap/

Engineering - with a purpose!

More important! How much bubble wrap can you let a bad boss use,
when he's pushed out of a window six floors up? ;-)