Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default any "power" VBA programmers here?

I have a nitzy problem with an Excel VBA system. If there is anyone here
who purports to be an "expert" VBA programmer, I could use some help
fiddling out a weird problem with an application.

Thanks.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:00:56 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

I have a nitzy problem with an Excel VBA system. If there is anyone here
who purports to be an "expert" VBA programmer, I could use some help
fiddling out a weird problem with an application.

Thanks.

LLoyd

Read this thread:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/camsof...xt_bitmap.html

"Doorknob" was extremely good and helpful. He'd probably want some
coin to help you.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Kelly D. Grills" fired this volley in
:

Not sure I'd consider myself an expert, but I've developed several
fairly advanced applications. I can help you out as time permits.

Details? My email address is valid.

Thanks. I'll minimize the app to the bare bones that will demonstrate
the failure. I've been through hundreds of forum threads about OLE
events not firing, but not a one of them addresses the loss of a chart's
events. I have to continue remembering that a chart is not an
'ordinary' OLE... it's what Microsoft calls "an orphan" routine in terms
of event handling... you have to build a new class to contain the chart,
then enable the events by "set"ing the object as a new events class.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:01:27 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Kelly D. Grills" kdgrills@... wrote:

Not sure I'd consider myself an expert, but I've developed several
fairly advanced applications. I can help you out as time permits.

Details? My email address is valid.

Thanks. I'll minimize the app to the bare bones that will demonstrate
the failure. I've been through hundreds of forum threads about OLE
events not firing, but not a one of them addresses the loss of a chart's
events. I have to continue remembering that a chart is not an
'ordinary' OLE... it's what Microsoft calls "an orphan" routine in terms
of event handling... you have to build a new class to contain the chart,
then enable the events by "set"ing the object as a new events class.

If you register with http://stackoverflow.com you can start a thread
on that topic.

For a list of recent excel-vba questions on stackoverflow, see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/excel-vba.

To search for specific stuff on stackoverflow, use google and
include phrase site:stackoverflow.com within the search.
Here are two search string examples --

ole chart "excel-vba" site:stackoverflow.com

returns 78,800 results, so it would take a while to decide if your
question has been answered. But

ole chart object new events class "excel-vba" site:stackoverflow.com
-hottest -newest -Unanswered -"recently active" -"Highest Voted"

(in the google search string box) returns only 27 results, so in less
than a minute you can decide whether it's been answered.

At http://stackoverflow.com/questions/178738/onclick-in-excel-vba
see comments like "to trap repeated clicks on the same cell, you need
to move the focus to a different cell" and "SelectionChange ... should
.... firing any time the user clicks anywhere".

--
jiw