Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default move a child window

Somebody told me how to do this once before. Dang if i can remember or
find it. The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i
no longer see the top of the window.

In windows terms this is called a child window of agent. There is a
keyboard shortcut to get this window's focus. You can then press the
"M" key and arrow to move the window. Its exactly like moving a main
window by press alt-space, then M, then the arrow keys.

I've been trying all the keyboard combos i can think of - no joy.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:21:24 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Somebody told me how to do this once before. Dang if i can remember or
find it. The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i no
longer see the top of the window.

In windows terms this is called a child window of agent. There is a
keyboard shortcut to get this window's focus. You can then press the "M"
key and arrow to move the window. Its exactly like moving a main window
by press alt-space, then M, then the arrow keys.

I've been trying all the keyboard combos i can think of - no joy.

http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/2347745/window_layout seems
to say Z will fix child windows, but this page says something else:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/browse_thread/thread/fb47094c77040f18

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Somebody told me how to do this once before. Dang if i can remember or
find it. The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i
no longer see the top of the window.

In windows terms this is called a child window of agent. There is a
keyboard shortcut to get this window's focus. You can then press the
"M" key and arrow to move the window. Its exactly like moving a main
window by press alt-space, then M, then the arrow keys.

I've been trying all the keyboard combos i can think of - no joy.

I've been using Agent for over a decade and have never seen that
happen, so I can't help yas. I don't see it in the Help section,
either. Ask Mark Prince at Forte. He always gets back to me within a
day or so.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 03:01:29 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:21:24 -0500, Karl Townsend wrote:

Somebody told me how to do this once before. Dang if i can remember or
find it. The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i no
longer see the top of the window.

In windows terms this is called a child window of agent. There is a
keyboard shortcut to get this window's focus. You can then press the "M"
key and arrow to move the window. Its exactly like moving a main window
by press alt-space, then M, then the arrow keys.

I've been trying all the keyboard combos i can think of - no joy.

http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/2347745/window_layout seems
to say Z will fix child windows, but this page says something else:

Ooh, nice tip. Me keep! I don't think it's what Karl is looking for,
though.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/browse_thread/thread/fb47094c77040f18

Vague memories surfaced at Alt-Spacebar M. That's what Karl needs, I'm
sure. Good 'un, Jim.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i
no longer see the top of the window.

On mine, there are scroll bars in the main window when a child window
is moved outside the visible area. I have version 4.2.

Alternatively, you can press Alt-minus to get the window menu for the
child window and then press M and an arrow key. After that, you can
move the window with the mouse and place it by clicking the mouse.
--
RoRo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i
no longer see the top of the window.

On mine, there are scroll bars in the main window when a child window
is moved outside the visible area. I have version 4.2.

Alternatively, you can press Alt-minus to get the window menu for the
child window and then press M and an arrow key. After that, you can
move the window with the mouse and place it by clicking the mouse.

I was SURE it was alt -

For some reason, that's not working this time. Altspace works.

I've not seen anyone else report this, but my child window group moves
around on its own on this 'puter. Only a few pixels each time I
restart. Now That I've lost the whole top bar, its only a matter of
time till I have to uninstall Forte.

Karl

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The three pane sub window on my forte agent has slid up so i
no longer see the top of the window.

On mine, there are scroll bars in the main window when a child window
is moved outside the visible area. I have version 4.2.

Alternatively, you can press Alt-minus to get the window menu for the
child window and then press M and an arrow key. After that, you can
move the window with the mouse and place it by clicking the mouse.

I was SURE it was alt -

For some reason, that's not working this time. Altspace works.

Both work for me in this compose window.

I've not seen anyone else report this, but my child window group moves
around on its own on this 'puter. Only a few pixels each time I
restart. Now That I've lost the whole top bar, its only a matter of
time till I have to uninstall Forte.

Oh, poo! Once you have your favorite window layout, tell Agent to
save it. Then when you nonchalantly warp it, all you have to do to
regain it is to shut Agent down and restart.