Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I need some thin acetal washers....

I need to make some spacers out of .01" acetal sheet. I've not worked
with it before.

I had planned to drill the 1/4" center holes, and then cut the 1" OD
somehow. Is this sheet flexible enough to stamp them out with a die in
an arbor press, or will I have to cut each one out using a hole saw?

----

By the by, I'd prefer to use stainless steel, but cannot find the size
I'd need.... 1/4" ID, 1" OD and from .01" to .03" thick, but they all
need to be consistent.

Also the cost of stainless might be prohibtive,,,, as I'd need 192 of
them. McMaster wants $5 for a bag of 10.

There is stainless shim stock of course, but I don't know if I could cut
it very well with anything I have, or could make.