Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT An unexpected response

Upon recommendation by my grief counseller (whom I like and think
highly of) I called to make an appointment with another place that
does this sort of thing. I spoke with an office person, not a
counsellor or therapist. They do sort of an intake interview to see if
they want to bother with you -- and what color is your insurance, by
the way?

In passing, she asked me if there was any likelihood that I might hurt
myself or another, and she warned me that she was a "mandated
reporter" so if I said yes she'd have to report it.

I broke out laughing.

"Sir, what do you find funny about that?"

"Well, I'm not gonna hurt myself or anyone else who isn't trying to
hurt me, but as you asked that question I was packing my range bag
with half a dozen handguns and several hundred rounds of ammo,
preparing to go to the range and teach a young woman to shoot."

Silence.

Then, "...wow!..."

They accepted me as a client, patient, counselee, customer, whatever.
I guess they like my insurance and aren't worried about my rangebag.

I like my first grief counsellor a lot but I see why she recommended
this. I like this one too. It's a considerably more structured
arrangement, more clinical than friendly, offers some different
perspectives. We'll see how it goes.

By the way, GeoLane, the first one is devoutly religious and does her
work thru at and thru a Church rather than as a paid professional. We
were introduced by a good friend of Mary's (and mine) that attends the
same Church and lives two blocks from her.

As such, she can be a friend and I think we have already become
friends. Don't misunderstand, please, she's very happily married. A
professional cannot be a friend. Sometimes a friend can do good that
an arms'length professional can't accomplish.

She is a wonderful example of someone living her faith. She knows I
am not faithful but am respectful of those who are and that's OK with
her. I don't disbelieve. When she wants to pray for me, I thank her
for doing it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 00:08:17 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

[...]

Perhaps she would like to learn a little more about fire arms and sees
you, as do a lot of people, as a person well qualified to pass on an
immense store of knowledge.
[...]

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada