Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Atlas Shrugged": From Fiction to Fact in 52 Years

"DCI" wrote in message
On Jul 17, 10:10 pm, "Leroy N. Soetoro"
wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123146363567166677.html

Some years ago when I worked at the libertarian Cato Institute, we used
to label any new hire who had not yet read "Atlas Shrugged" a "virgin."
Being conversant in Ayn Rand's classic novel about the economic carnage
caused by big government run amok was practically a job requirement.

Ayn Ryan was full of herself.

DCI

And Cato can't even field a decent softball team. My son's team played them
a couple of weeks ago in the "think tank league" in D.C., and beat the hell
out of them. And my son's team is mostly girls. He says the Cato types are
pretty strange. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress