Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bulk Hex Key / T handle

On Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:50:55 AM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ignoramus23641" wrote in message

[about improving the hand-hold end of an Allen key with a tee handle]

I sometimes make them as needed with a grinder and a welder.

I thought about that. Time and money again.

So, maybe you want to (1) massproduce some mild steel tee handles,
(2) end-bore the shank and ream it to a taper
(3) grind that taper onto a variety of keys, and fit 'em with your
choice of superglue, soft solder, hard solder to the handles.

I've done some satisfactory reworking of cheap screwdrivers (Philips
tips munged, but the shank and handle is fine) to make long Torx and
other drivers, that are hard to buy. Maybe a few Allen-wrench ones should
join the collection.

Bent-wire tee handles feel wrong (too springy), I'd prefer the screwdriver style.