Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how about this for a cheap heat tape controller....

whit3rd wrote:

On Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:17:20 PM UTC-7, DougC wrote:

I have not been able to locate any straight + long metal heating
elements online that are inexpensive; all the lower priced ones are for
stoves or dishwashers and are coiled up or curved.

Many toaster ovens use four one-foot lengths of Calrod-type
sheathed resistance heaters. Thermal expansion means you'll
have to mount the linear array so the ends can shift around
with temperature changes. Pay no more than the price of
a junked toaster oven.

Would you please change the Google interface you're using? It drops
the references to previous messages, and fragments every thread that you
reply to. You don't see it on GG, since they lump anything with the
same subject line together.

http://www.groups.google.com/support...answer=1047901

I had been wondering why I saw so many people do this (always starting
new topics to reply) but only certain people, and always them
consistently. I've never used Google Groups except to browse newsgroups
on my phone.

At home I use Thunderbird on the Charter NG server--which doesn't do any
spam or killfile filtering--but then again, shows you what's really there.

Heat Trace vs Heat Tape for froze pipes OughtFour Home Repair 2 December 6th 07 01:50 PM
Temperature controller for DIY heat treat oven Alex Metalworking 4 November 12th 05 07:42 AM
Heat Controller Co. (Comfort Aire) For Gas, Hot Air Furnace ? Who Are They ? Robert11 Home Repair 4 April 15th 05 03:31 PM
heat tape Ken Home Repair 3 December 21st 04 08:25 PM
heat tape 101 gregg gibson Home Repair 8 January 22nd 04 01:28 PM