Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting old Sheldon lathe for sale

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/2425430149.html

I have no relationship with seller

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/2425430149.html

Is that a massive chuck for a 10" lathe? I would sure come look at it if it
weren't such a drive. At the price of fuel though...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 08:30:48 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/2425430149.html

Is that a massive chuck for a 10" lathe? I would sure come look at it if it
weren't such a drive. At the price of fuel though...

Hell..contact the guy. After all..its only $200 or so.

Im always baffled about the lookeyloos who look, wonder aloud here..but
never contact the seller with questions.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/2425430149.html

Is that a massive chuck for a 10" lathe? I would sure come look at it if
it
weren't such a drive. At the price of fuel though...

Hell..contact the guy. After all..its only $200 or so.

Im always baffled about the lookeyloos who look, wonder aloud here..but
never contact the seller with questions.

I did read his ad. He found it in a barn and it needs a lot of work.
Obviously he doesn't know much about it. Wouldn't do any good to call him.
You can tell he would just say, "Come check it out for yourself." At the
price of fuel in my diesel that would triple the price of the lathe, and I
would still be out 2/3 of that if I decided it was not worth 200. If I
drove my bike I couldn't haul it back if I decided it was worth it. More
information would be useful, but from his own ad he says he doesn't have any
more information to offer. The only information really at all was, "My
buddy says..."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My 11x44 Sheldon is newer :-) the ways on it are chromed.

Mine are shiny and contain beautiful beautiful oil design marks.

Wish the handles were chromed. Rats.

Martin

Sheldon Lathe Bob AZ Metalworking 26 February 9th 20 07:09 PM
Sheldon Lathe for sale jusme[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 9th 08 12:15 AM
FS sheldon lathe wayne mak Metalworking 0 January 25th 06 05:10 PM
Sheldon Lathe Clif Holland Metalworking 1 December 24th 05 10:21 PM
FS - Sheldon lathe bed anthony Metalworking 1 October 8th 03 02:33 AM