Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 10 HP Quincy QR-25 compressor for $25? Possible?

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:59:52 -0500, Ignoramus18155
wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

I even hate myself!

Do you think that it is a 370 or 390 head?

Also note that it is laid out in a strange manner, with motor on the left.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

Indeed. The HF 6hp motor on my air compressor died today..damnit

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

I even hate myself!

Do you think that it is a 370 or 390 head?

Also note that it is laid out in a strange manner, with motor on the left.

Thats strange?

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

Indeed. The HF 6hp motor on my air compressor died today..damnit

Wanna buy this Quincy? Only $400
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

I even hate myself!

Do you think that it is a 370 or 390 head?

Also note that it is laid out in a strange manner, with motor on the left.

Thats strange?

This is the first time I see this layout. I have seen and sold quite a
few compressors and the motor was always on the right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

Indeed. The HF 6hp motor on my air compressor died today..damnit

Wanna buy this Quincy? Only $400

And shippng from ObamaCountry would be what?

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

I even hate myself!

Do you think that it is a 370 or 390 head?

Also note that it is laid out in a strange manner, with motor on the left.

Thats strange?

This is the first time I see this layout. I have seen and sold quite a
few compressors and the motor was always on the right.

That came from Illinois..right? Of course the driving force is from
the Left.

VBG

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

Indeed. The HF 6hp motor on my air compressor died today..damnit

Wanna buy this Quincy? Only $400

And shippng from ObamaCountry would be what?

My guess $400 if you pick up at terminal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

I hate you VBG

Karl

Indeed. The HF 6hp motor on my air compressor died today..damnit

Wanna buy this Quincy? Only $400

And shippng from ObamaCountry would be what?

My guess $400 if you pick up at terminal.

So its now $800+

I suspect...I can get another motor for slightly under that amount. Or
a pair of run caps for only $500.
Ill have to check them today and see it thats what went west. It tries
to start..then kicks out the breaker in the motor. Ran fine the day
before..and the flywheel turns freely. Probably too freely..time to do
the valves again....sigh

Which reminds me..Ive got a big old Curtis down in LA I need to bring
home. But..sigh again...its got a 10 hp 3ph motor on it. Which is why
its still in LA....snivel.....

But thanks anyways!

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-01, Gunner Asch wrote:

My guess $400 if you pick up at terminal.

So its now $800+

yep

I suspect...I can get another motor for slightly under that amount. Or
a pair of run caps for only $500.
Ill have to check them today and see it thats what went west. It tries
to start..then kicks out the breaker in the motor.

most likely the cap. repeat test with belt removed.

Ran fine the day
before..and the flywheel turns freely. Probably too freely..time to do
the valves again....sigh

Which reminds me..Ive got a big old Curtis down in LA I need to bring
home. But..sigh again...its got a 10 hp 3ph motor on it. Which is why
its still in LA....snivel.....

But thanks anyways!

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Ignoramus18155 wrote:
The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

Be careful. It looks even more top heavy than many others.
Let it flip and it is not even worth the $25.00 :-)

And -- it looks as though it is currently bolted to the floor.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-30, Ignoramus18155 wrote:
The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

Be careful. It looks even more top heavy than many others.
Let it flip and it is not even worth the $25.00 :-)

And -- it looks as though it is currently bolted to the floor.

DoN, I have not yet picked it up. I was just now looking at the pictures
of Quincy compressors, trying to determine if this is a 340, 370, or
390 QR-25 pump.

Here are pictures of my own compressor QR-25 340 pump:

http://goo.gl/zuHWG

Here are pictures of Model 390 pump that I sold a while ago:

http://goo.gl/2JWg4

Here's the compressor that I won last week but have not picked up:

http://goo.gl/cZIMm

Unlike mine, this one has a double row of intercooler lines and two
tall valves (mine has one tall and one short).

But, 390 head also would probably look more massive. So, I think that
it is 60% likely a 370 head, 20% 340 and 20% model 390.

This compressor is not bolted to the floor, it is bolted to 4x4s,
which is nice.

If this is indeed a 370 pump, then it may be quieter than my 340 pump,
as it is larger and would run at a lower RPM.

Maybe I will swap it for mine. My Quincy 340 pump is eligible for
retirement and Social Security benefits, being about 63 years old.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This is the first time I see this layout. I have seen and sold quite a
few compressors and the motor was always on the right.

That came from Illinois..right? Of course the driving force is from
the Left.

VBG

Gunner

An Obama pressor. Should work great for Iggy. He kinda likes that guy.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-02, Karl Townsend wrote:

This is the first time I see this layout. I have seen and sold quite a
few compressors and the motor was always on the right.

That came from Illinois..right? Of course the driving force is from
the Left.

VBG

Gunner

An Obama pressor. Should work great for Iggy. He kinda likes that guy.

Karl

Does "compressor" stand for "communist pressor"?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus18155" wrote in message
The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

And just recently you claimed the high price of Syncrowave 250's were
because of the great Obama economy. So, what's with the $25 Quincy
compressors, maybe the Obama economy isn't so great? Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 08:45:21 -0500, Ignoramus3845

On 2011-07-02, Karl Townsend wrote:

This is the first time I see this layout. I have seen and sold quite a
few compressors and the motor was always on the right.

That came from Illinois..right? Of course the driving force is from
the Left.

VBG

Gunner

An Obama pressor. Should work great for Iggy. He kinda likes that guy.

Karl

Does "compressor" stand for "communist pressor"?

Ooooo...not bad Iggy..not bad at all!!

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/2/2011 2:32 PM, RogerN wrote:
id wrote in message
The answer is a resounding YES:

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...r/IMG_6627.JPG

And just recently you claimed the high price of Syncrowave 250's were
because of the great Obama economy. So, what's with the $25 Quincy
compressors, maybe the Obama economy isn't so great? Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Rodger - are you always an asshole, or was there a time when you could
hold a conversation on some topic without starting an argument?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Sorry. Newborns are not allowed to vote. Dead people on the other hand

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Sorry. Newborns are not allowed to vote. Dead people on the other hand

Since Roger would grant fetuses full human rights, does that mean a pregnant
woman can vote twice?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-03, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Sorry. Newborns are not allowed to vote. Dead people on the other hand

Since Roger would grant fetuses full human rights, does that mean a pregnant
woman can vote twice?

He probably would not want her to vote even once.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 22:54:43 -0500, Ignoramus3845

On 2011-07-03, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Sorry. Newborns are not allowed to vote. Dead people on the other hand

Since Roger would grant fetuses full human rights, does that mean a pregnant
woman can vote twice?

He probably would not want her to vote even once.

Why? Is that what they do in Holy Mother Russia?

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Sorry. Newborns are not allowed to vote. Dead people on the other hand

Since Roger would grant fetuses full human rights, does that mean a
pregnant woman can vote twice?

--
Ed Huntress

If a woman gets murdered on the way to get an abortion, the murderer has
killed 2 people. If the woman gets murdered on the way home, the murderer
has killed one person. But what happened at the abortion clinic is claimed
to not be killing or murder.

The first time I brought up a case like this, you saw a problem with this.
But they splained it away and you bought it.

The fetus can vote if it meets the legal requirements, just like all of us.

I have heard the younger generations are increasingly pro-life. The big
pro-abortion women or the old feminazis. The younger generation has seen
scientific evidence of the baby in the mother through sonograms. Seeing
pictures of the baby sucking its thumb, seeing the heart beat, they won't
buy the lie that it's just tissue. The abortion sonograms I mentioned where
the baby is seen fighting for its life aren't late term abortions like you
assumed at the time.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 2, 10:23*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns
that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Sorry. *Newborns are not allowed to vote. *Dead people on the other hand

Since Roger would grant fetuses full human rights, does that mean a pregnant
woman can vote twice?

--
Ed Huntress

Or OctoMom can vote NINE times?