Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source for Left Hand, 135 degree stub/machine screw drill in 5/64?

Lots of 118 degree, and the sites with 135 use UPS, so for about $4
in drills, I spend about $10 in shipping. Does any supplier with USPS
shipping have a 135 degree screw machine drill in 5/64?

I need to drill out a snapped hollow point retaining screw (6x48) out
of a Lyman 25 caliber mould. With ant luck, the LH drill will walk the
screw out.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/16/2011 17:25, Louis Ohland wrote:
Lots of 118 degree, and the sites with 135 use UPS, so for about $4 in
drills, I spend about $10 in shipping. Does any supplier with USPS
shipping have a 135 degree screw machine drill in 5/64?

I need to drill out a snapped hollow point retaining screw (6x48) out of
a Lyman 25 caliber mould. With ant luck, the LH drill will walk the
screw out.

Well, after lots of surfing, there appears to be few US made LH stub
drills with 135 degree point. I tried. KBC has "KBC" branded drills in
the size I need. Enco only lists RH screw machine drills.

I detest KBC Tools website, but I like their prices.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Another you might try is www.specialtytoolandbolt.com Nice folks; have
been dealing with them for decades..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 16, 4:25*pm, Louis Ohland wrote:
* *Lots of 118 degree, and the sites with 135 use UPS, so for about $4
in drills, I spend about $10 in shipping. Does any supplier with USPS
shipping have a 135 degree screw machine drill in 5/64?

* *I need to drill out a snapped hollow point retaining screw (6x48) out
of a Lyman 25 caliber mould. With ant luck, the LH drill will walk the
screw out.

Ace has the fancy screw removers in that size on the peg. I've also
used the el-cheapo left-hand drill set from HF, ran about $7 before
the 20% off coupon we keep getting in the papers. Had a busted off
wood screw, so drilled really small to get a divot in the screw, then
the larger bit I used caught and backed the stub out. Set was good
enough for what I hope is only one time use. If the Allen is really
hard, you may not be able to drill it. Small carbide burrs in a micro-
die grinder might be the only way. Grind a slot, then use a
screwdriver.

Must be a different arrangement from any of my Lyman molds, only the
sprue plate pivot lock screw on some of the newer molds is an Allen
head. The hollow point molds I've got use an E-clip with a small
filister head on the bottom to hold the plug in place.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The hollow point molds I've got use an E-clip with a small
filister head on the bottom to hold the plug in place.

Mine is the filister as well, just that the screw head is snapped off,
there is less than .100" of thread before you get to the remains of the
screw still in the mould half.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Found Irwin 30505 5/64 mechanics length 135 degree cobalt drills
from Amazon, 11.26 for two, includes shipping.