Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Life is good

Holy smokes. A full day of metal working. Starting off getting set up to
produce joists for 1320 sf roof with included lifting frame made from 3" x
3" x 3/16" square tube. Joists of 1.5" x 1.5" square tube. Decked with
Fabral MightyRib. About eight gates before I'm finished, and trying to do
none in the typical jailbar style. Lots of designer items in desert
southwest motif. Almost finished critical honeydew of attaching rain
gutters to 1500 sf newly constructed awnings. Received and unloaded $1800
new steel. Leveled and paralleled two 40' containers 16' apart. Boat shed
40' x 12' along one container. Will pour concrete after.

Got a new helper, son of a muffler shop owner short on work. More
experienced and capable than some men I know. The kid has plain common
sense, just a little light in the math, trying to mentor him.

Nice to get back in the swing of things. Feeling good. Pain is under
control finally. No new heart stuff.

I'll be taking pics to post.

A guy can get a lot done when he feels good, and has a good helper.

How's things in your fishbowl?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

If one is condemned to work, a good helper is better than a good wife.
If one is not condemned to work, a good wife is, well, good, but not quite
as good as a harem.

My helper has some serious Tourettes..... makes work, well, a little more
interesting......
--
EA

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 06/08/2011 04:16 PM, Steve B wrote:
[...]

Why _do_ they call it common sense when it's so uncommon?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:
[...]

Once upon a time, long, long ago, it WAS common...

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I worked with a Tourettes sufferer a few years back. One of his main
impulses was to yell the "C" word. He'd trained himself to say other words
starting with "c". Every now and again the real one would get loose, usually
at EXTRA loud, it must have been very hard for him. I must admit having the
odd giggle about it.