Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Texas Governor wants help

Texas governor, Rick Perry, wants help from the federal government
because of the problem his state is having with wildfires. He's
complaining because it's been two weeks since he asked the White House
to declare Texas a disaster area so it can receive money from the
federal government to help the state pay for the damage done by the fires.

But this is the same governor that not long ago talked about seceding
from the union. This is the governor that has loudly and often
criticized Obama and the federal government in general for being
incompetent. He's stated repeatedly the federal government needs to be
smaller.

So now that he needs help from outside the state he's singing a
different tune. He wants help from the federal government after
badmouthing it for years. And now he wonders why it's taking so long for
the Obama administration to come to his aid. Is he really that stupid?

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ok Hawke 0

You want a yes man and a cow-tau to anything and then maybe ?

This should be a NON-Political issue.

You choose to make most everything political you can.

IIRC, Texas, when selling off massive tracks of land extending to
Montana and such - for a mere pittance - reserved and was granted
the right to divide. The Civil war had a lot to do with not splitting
into more than one. The Federal Government tends to take anything and
everything it wants. It owns more than 60% - I think it is near 70% of
the land west of the Mississippi. That is talking when looking at the
farming central lands. Between Indian lands and Federal lands and
Military lands there isn't much to "we the people" lands.

Martin

On 5/1/2011 1:01 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/1/2011 1:01 PM, Hawke wrote:

[...]

Hawke- Hide quoted text -

LOL..apparently Martin lives in Texas.

I suggest all those "The Federal Government Can Go To Hell" Repubicans
go pee on their fires.

That will show the Feds who is boss.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 02 May 2011 22:06:46 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Ok Hawke 0

You want a yes man and a cow-tau to anything and then maybe ?

This should be a NON-Political issue.

You choose to make most everything political you can.

IIRC, Texas, when selling off massive tracks of land extending to
Montana and such - for a mere pittance - reserved and was granted
the right to divide. The Civil war had a lot to do with not splitting
into more than one. The Federal Government tends to take anything and
everything it wants. It owns more than 60% - I think it is near 70% of
the land west of the Mississippi. That is talking when looking at the
farming central lands. Between Indian lands and Federal lands and
Military lands there isn't much to "we the people" lands.

Martin

Very well stated.

Why havent you killfiled the Parakeet yet? He isnt here for
metalworking..just to be a DNC Useful Idiot.

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/1/2011 1:01 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)- Hide quoted text -

Gummer...why don't you go to Texas and pee on the fire?

Let us know how it works out.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Maybe because he's not nearly as big a pussy as you and your right wing
cronies are and can actually deal with someone who he doesn't agree with.

Hawke