Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Skin Gun

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:36:05 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.

--Winston -- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Very impressive.

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.

Well, that hand proves once and for all that we're all pink on the inside!

I once fell asleep on the beach by Biloxi, MS; a few days later, I had skin
available for donation in about half-square-foot sheets!

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 06:20:33 -0700, Winston

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.
--Winston -- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*

Let's hope it works to degrade the PAIN from burns first and foremost.
Anything is better than nothing, though. Burns truly suck. I had a
buddy in LoCal who was burned as a kid. They gave him too much
morphine and it blew out his hearing in both ears. Now he's disfigured
-and- deaf.

The sample guy was only a 2nd degree burn. Can you say "blistered"?
Not nearly as bad. Does it work on 3rd degree burns, too?
(further research indicates that it cannot.) http://goo.gl/Xi3uu

His atomization sucks, though. And that's likely a $34k gun, too.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.
--Winston -- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*

Let's hope it works to degrade the PAIN from burns first and foremost.
Anything is better than nothing, though. Burns truly suck. I had a
buddy in LoCal who was burned as a kid. They gave him too much
morphine and it blew out his hearing in both ears. Now he's disfigured
-and- deaf.

The sample guy was only a 2nd degree burn. Can you say "blistered"?
Not nearly as bad. Does it work on 3rd degree burns, too?
(further research indicates that it cannot.) http://goo.gl/Xi3uu

Cannot..or "doesnt yet"?

His atomization sucks, though. And that's likely a $34k gun, too.

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.
--Winston -- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*

Let's hope it works to degrade the PAIN from burns first and foremost.
Anything is better than nothing, though. Burns truly suck. I had a
buddy in LoCal who was burned as a kid. They gave him too much
morphine and it blew out his hearing in both ears. Now he's disfigured
-and- deaf.

The sample guy was only a 2nd degree burn. Can you say "blistered"?
Not nearly as bad. Does it work on 3rd degree burns, too?
(further research indicates that it cannot.) http://goo.gl/Xi3uu

Cannot..or "doesnt yet"?

Yes. Both answers are correct. It doesn't now, but they're workin' on
it. I'd think they'd want better atomization first, though.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
... I'd think they'd want better atomization first, though.

That's not at all clear. Better atomization might be harmful to the
cells. Gentle handling of the cells is what's important, regardless of
the degree of atomization.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.
--Winston-- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*

Let's hope it works to degrade the PAIN from burns first and foremost.
Anything is better than nothing, though. Burns truly suck. I had a
buddy in LoCal who was burned as a kid. They gave him too much
morphine and it blew out his hearing in both ears. Now he's disfigured
-and- deaf.

It is difficult to feel too sorry for oneself when one hears
a story like that guy's. Jeeze.

The sample guy was only a 2nd degree burn. Can you say "blistered"?
Not nearly as bad. Does it work on 3rd degree burns, too?
(further research indicates that it cannot.) http://goo.gl/Xi3uu

Evidence suggests that it is an effective tool for some kinds
of burns. Should we dismiss it because it does not regenerate
missing limbs *while* healing skin within days? I think not!

"Mr Uram's skin is now completely healed with no obvious signs
he was ever burned." Well, OK. That is not too bad.

His atomization sucks, though. And that's likely a $34k gun, too.

Who knows? Not me. Perhaps Dr Jörg Gerlach discovered that an
evenly distributed fine coat of stem cell solution did not work
as quickly or effectively as did the uneven pattern shown?

It doesn't even matter to me that, as the Dr. says:
“Skin cell spraying is not new, it was invented around 20 years
ago in Argentina; and it is (for example) also performed in
Australia,”
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...n-burn-victims

Often, the guy that saves lives and reduces suffering did that
by promoting the work of others.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:28:49 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
... I'd think they'd want better atomization first, though.

That's not at all clear. Better atomization might be harmful to the
cells. Gentle handling of the cells is what's important, regardless of
the degree of atomization.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps the better the atomization, the more
oxidized the cells get and the lower their survival rate becomes.
shrug

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.
--Winston-- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*

Let's hope it works to degrade the PAIN from burns first and foremost.
Anything is better than nothing, though. Burns truly suck. I had a
buddy in LoCal who was burned as a kid. They gave him too much
morphine and it blew out his hearing in both ears. Now he's disfigured
-and- deaf.

It is difficult to feel too sorry for oneself when one hears
a story like that guy's. Jeeze.

Yes, it's a good "perspective thumpin'" story, isn't it?

The sample guy was only a 2nd degree burn. Can you say "blistered"?
Not nearly as bad. Does it work on 3rd degree burns, too?
(further research indicates that it cannot.) http://goo.gl/Xi3uu

Evidence suggests that it is an effective tool for some kinds
of burns. Should we dismiss it because it does not regenerate
missing limbs *while* healing skin within days? I think not!

WHAT? Who's dismissing anything? I'm saying it's too bad it doesn't
work for the worst case patients. My meager back pain experiences have
taught me that you do NOT want pain ruling your life, and burn
patients have only that for a life: excruciating pain and barest
cognizance of reality around them.

"Mr Uram's skin is now completely healed with no obvious signs
he was ever burned." Well, OK. That is not too bad.

His atomization sucks, though. And that's likely a $34k gun, too.

Who knows? Not me. Perhaps Dr Jörg Gerlach discovered that an
evenly distributed fine coat of stem cell solution did not work
as quickly or effectively as did the uneven pattern shown?

What, you mean that skin and paint -aren't- the same? gd&r

It doesn't even matter to me that, as the Dr. says:
€œSkin cell spraying is not new, it was invented around 20 years
ago in Argentina; and it is (for example) also performed in
Australia,€
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...n-burn-victims

Often, the guy that saves lives and reduces suffering did that
by promoting the work of others.

It's all good.