Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default The Skin Gun

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 06:20:33 -0700,
wrote:

lid wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:36:05 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

Rather fascinating!!

http://videos2view.net/skin-gun.htm

Gunner

Very impressive.
Dave

And Snopes likes it too!

Looks like more 'scientific' meddling with _God's plan_.
--Winston-- Yes. Joking. *Smirk!*

Let's hope it works to degrade the PAIN from burns first and foremost.
Anything is better than nothing, though. Burns truly suck. I had a
buddy in LoCal who was burned as a kid. They gave him too much
morphine and it blew out his hearing in both ears. Now he's disfigured
-and- deaf.

It is difficult to feel too sorry for oneself when one hears
a story like that guy's. Jeeze.

The sample guy was only a 2nd degree burn. Can you say "blistered"?
Not nearly as bad. Does it work on 3rd degree burns, too?
(further research indicates that it cannot.) http://goo.gl/Xi3uu

Evidence suggests that it is an effective tool for some kinds
of burns. Should we dismiss it because it does not regenerate
missing limbs *while* healing skin within days? I think not!

"Mr Uram's skin is now completely healed with no obvious signs
he was ever burned." Well, OK. That is not too bad.

His atomization sucks, though. And that's likely a $34k gun, too.

Who knows? Not me. Perhaps Dr Jörg Gerlach discovered that an
evenly distributed fine coat of stem cell solution did not work
as quickly or effectively as did the uneven pattern shown?

It doesn't even matter to me that, as the Dr. says:
“Skin cell spraying is not new, it was invented around 20 years
ago in Argentina; and it is (for example) also performed in
Australia,”
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...n-burn-victims

Often, the guy that saves lives and reduces suffering did that
by promoting the work of others.

--Winston