Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another topic, update on SA-200 welder, non-real-estate-related

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:38:18 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:07:07 -0500, Ignoramus14081

On 2011-04-25, Chas wrote:

"Ignoramus28268" wrote in message
Here's a new video of it running, including burning a whole 6013
welding rod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLEhOs3ivSQ

Iggy, that looks like a lot of satisfaction. I have no knowledge of that
particular generator, but watching and listening to the video I sense that
the motor is slowing down severely under the welding load. Does the motor
have a governor mechanism to maintain speed under load conditions? If so, I
suspect you might need to perform a repair and/or adjustment. There is
normally a centrifugally driven connection to the throttle. Someone else in
the group might be able to advise.

There is a speed control (idle control) board. I have a feeling that
it may not be wired right.

Here..this may help

http://www.weldmart.com/technical/SA200IdlerTS.htm

I could have sworn that was the bellows type in his pics. If not,
you're spot on, suh.

--
Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences.
No good is ever done in this world by hesitation.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

http://www.weldmart.com/technical/SA200IdlerTS.htm

I got a chuckle out of that guy's complaining that the board was "stuffed
full" of parts. He doesn't know how lucky he is -- they all appear to be
discretes! "Replace the board", indeed! FIX the board! G

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-25, Chas wrote:

[...]

If so..this may be of further assistance...

http://www.weldmart.com/technical/

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Right- that looks like a simple board to work on and not
very populated.

That is a reed relay not a reed switch.
fact vs. description of function
Martin