Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Allied Lathe

I was recently offered a 36" Allied lathe for $1K. I did the quick search
on Ebay and Google to see if I could find anything on it, but didn't come up
with much.

The only Allied tools I can remember were a line that was sold in places
like Max Club. In fact I have an Allied bench grinder that came from there.
If I recall it was pretty cheap, but the flip side is a decade later it
still runs fine.

Any suggestions, feedback, value?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/13/2011 8:35 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I was recently offered a 36" Allied lathe for $1K. I did the quick
search on Ebay and Google to see if I could find anything on it, but
didn't come up with much.

The only Allied tools I can remember were a line that was sold in places
like Max Club. In fact I have an Allied bench grinder that came from
there. If I recall it was pretty cheap, but the flip side is a decade
later it still runs fine.

Any suggestions, feedback, value?

Ah, now the accurate info comes out. Its an Atlas. From what I saw of
completed auctions on Ebay a grand seems high unless it comes with a lot
of stuff.