Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pensioner factory

It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

The company is called vita needle and they make hyperdermic needles and some
small stainless parts.

I found it interesting & thought maybe some of you guys would too.

Video of their capabilities off their website:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwjZ...layer_embedded

http://www.vitaneedle.com/

Looks like the whole doco is he
http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play...ensioners-Inc-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis #1 wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

The company is called vita needle and they make hyperdermic needles and some
small stainless parts.

I found it interesting& thought maybe some of you guys would too.

Everybody knows that employees over the age of 27 are useless.

Santa Claus told me so.

--Winston -- And the tooth fairy corroborated his story
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Oh ... it's not about a factory that manufactures pensioners. G Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis #1" wrote in message
. au...
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the US where
"the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The staff consists of 35
pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

The company is called vita needle and they make hyperdermic needles and some small
stainless parts.

I found it interesting & thought maybe some of you guys would too.

Video of their capabilities off their website:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwjZ...layer_embedded

http://www.vitaneedle.com/

Looks like the whole doco is he
http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play...ensioners-Inc-

I had one lady retire at 92 another at 84 and another at 82. The one that retired at
84 started working for my company when she was 14 for a total of 70 years on the job.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:16:03 +0800, "Dennis #1"
wrote:

It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

In addition to the "35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96"
there are other employees
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 12, 5:16*am, "Dennis #1" wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Al is offline

On 3/14/2011 7:49 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:16 am, "Dennis wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

jsw

If they are full time employees, yes they do, according to their company
website.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:49:08 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Mar 12, 5:16Â*am, "Dennis #1" wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

Yeah, in lieu of pay.

--
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
-- Demosthenes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:16 am, "Dennis wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

jsw

Just full pensions after 30 years,

John