DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pensioner factory (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/320129-pensioner-factory.html)

Dennis #1 March 12th 11 09:16 AM

Pensioner factory

It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

The company is called vita needle and they make hyperdermic needles and some
small stainless parts.

I found it interesting & thought maybe some of you guys would too.

Video of their capabilities off their website:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwjZ...layer_embedded

http://www.vitaneedle.com/

Looks like the whole doco is he
http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play...ensioners-Inc-

Winston March 12th 11 04:23 PM

Pensioner factory

Dennis #1 wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

The company is called vita needle and they make hyperdermic needles and some
small stainless parts.

I found it interesting& thought maybe some of you guys would too.

Everybody knows that employees over the age of 27 are useless.

Santa Claus told me so.

:)

--Winston -- And the tooth fairy corroborated his story

Bob Engelhardt March 12th 11 06:39 PM

Pensioner factory

Oh ... it's not about a factory that manufactures pensioners. G Bob

Tom Gardner[_6_] March 13th 11 08:59 AM

Pensioner factory

"Dennis #1" wrote in message
. au...
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the US where
"the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The staff consists of 35
pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

The company is called vita needle and they make hyperdermic needles and some small
stainless parts.

I found it interesting & thought maybe some of you guys would too.

Video of their capabilities off their website:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwjZ...layer_embedded

http://www.vitaneedle.com/

Looks like the whole doco is he
http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play...ensioners-Inc-

I had one lady retire at 92 another at 84 and another at 82. The one that retired at
84 started working for my company when she was 14 for a total of 70 years on the job.

Don Foreman March 13th 11 06:26 PM

Pensioner factory

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:16:03 +0800, "Dennis #1"
wrote:

It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

Jim March 13th 11 07:07 PM

Pensioner factory

wrote:

It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

In addition to the "35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96"
there are other employees

cavelamb March 14th 11 05:42 AM

Pensioner factory

Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Sun, 13 Mar 2011
13:26:26 -0500, Don Foreman, wrote:

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

Because only the "pensioners" are between 75 and 96.
The rest of the employees, the non-pensioners, are
younger than 75.

The scariest thing is, there WILL be a test!

--

Richard Lamb

Ed Huntress March 14th 11 06:00 AM

Pensioner factory

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Sun, 13 Mar 2011
13:26:26 -0500, Don Foreman, wrote:

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in
the US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74
years. The staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

Because only the "pensioners" are between 75 and 96. The rest of the
employees, the non-pensioners, are younger than 75.

The scariest thing is, there WILL be a test!

--

Richard Lamb

If half of the pensioners are travelling east at 50 miles per hour, and the
other half are travelling west at 35 mph, will they eat Razor Clam in Sha
Cha Sauce, or Puka Dogs with Coo Coo Relish when they meet for dinner?

--
Ed Huntress

Jim Wilkins March 14th 11 11:49 AM

Pensioner factory

On Mar 12, 5:16*am, "Dennis #1" wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

jsw

Dennis #1 March 14th 11 12:50 PM

Pensioner factory

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Sun, 13 Mar 2011
13:26:26 -0500, Don Foreman, wrote:

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in
the US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74
years. The staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

If the staff is comprised of people aged between 75 and 86, how can
the average age be 74?

Because only the "pensioners" are between 75 and 96. The rest of the
employees, the non-pensioners, are younger than 75.

The scariest thing is, there WILL be a test!

--

Richard Lamb

What sort of test - can you cough without weeing?

Al March 14th 11 12:57 PM

Pensioner factory

On 3/14/2011 7:49 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:16 am, "Dennis wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

jsw

If they are full time employees, yes they do, according to their company
website.

Larry Jaques[_3_] March 14th 11 02:00 PM

Pensioner factory

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:49:08 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Mar 12, 5:16Â*am, "Dennis #1" wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

Yeah, in lieu of pay.

--
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
-- Demosthenes

John March 15th 11 02:47 AM

Pensioner factory

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:16 am, "Dennis wrote:
It does have metal content....

I just saw a documentary called "pensioner factory" about a business in the
US where "the average age of its employees is a staggering 74 years. The
staff consists of 35 pensioners aged between 75 and 96."

Do they offer them health insurance?

jsw

Just full pensions after 30 years,

John