Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Taxes Fall To Lowest Level Since 1950

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Jeff M wrote:
On 3/6/2011 11:04 AM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:37:39 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 23, 11:08 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:36:08 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

Winston is scared of the facts...and liberals.

Everyone with one wit of common sense is scarred of liberals.

They are fine as a provider of social conscience, but when it comes to
practically implementing them, they are a four alarm disaster.

Unfortunately, the alternative is to let those without any conscience
whatsoever govern,

Are you saying that you, personally, have no conscience? Because
Freedom means "self-government." People aren't supposed to need someone
to tell them how to operate every single detail of their life; they're
supposed to act like grownups that don't kill themselves by their own
stupidity, and who don't try to inflict their lifestyle on me by force.

Whom have you appointed over yourself as your ruler?

The purpose of government is to enforce contracts and schlep our sewage,

Out of curiosity, and because I think the answer might be very interesting,
where did you get this idea, Rich? Don't tell us "the Founding Fathers."
I've read a great deal of what they wrote and I know better.

--
Ed Huntress