Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Taxes Fall To Lowest Level Since 1950

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Jeff M wrote:
On 3/6/2011 11:04 AM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:37:39 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 23, 11:08 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:36:08 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

Winston is scared of the facts...and liberals.

Everyone with one wit of common sense is scarred of liberals.

They are fine as a provider of social conscience, but when it comes to
practically implementing them, they are a four alarm disaster.

Unfortunately, the alternative is to let those without any conscience
whatsoever govern,

Are you saying that you, personally, have no conscience? Because
Freedom means "self-government." People aren't supposed to need someone
to tell them how to operate every single detail of their life; they're
supposed to act like grownups that don't kill themselves by their own
stupidity, and who don't try to inflict their lifestyle on me by force.

Whom have you appointed over yourself as your ruler?

The purpose of government is to enforce contracts and schlep our sewage,

Out of curiosity, and because I think the answer might be very interesting,
where did you get this idea, Rich? Don't tell us "the Founding Fathers."
I've read a great deal of what they wrote and I know better.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
The purpose of government is to enforce contracts and schlep our sewage,

Out of curiosity, and because I think the answer might be very
interesting, where did you get this idea, Rich? Don't tell us "the
Founding Fathers."

Why not? Why would you apply prior restraint to my answer? Is it because
you're afraid it won't agree with your programming?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Why not?

The answer was in the portion you snipped.
"I've read a great deal of what they wrote and I know better."

I wonder how he "knows better?" Karl Marx? The Communist Manifesto?

If he has some other writings that tell him that the Founding Fathers
were wrong, doesn't it behoove him to put his money where his mouth
is?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Why not?

The answer was in the portion you snipped.
"I've read a great deal of what they wrote and I know better."

I wonder how he "knows better?" Karl Marx? The Communist Manifesto?

If he has some other writings that tell him that the Founding Fathers
were wrong, doesn't it behoove him to put his money where his mouth
is?

That's what he was asking you to do.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Go ahead and if you disagree with his "I know better" statement just say
so and why.

It might, as Ed mentioned, actually be interesting.

He said, "Where did you get this idea, and don't say "The Founding Fathers."

Unfortunately, I got the idea from the Founding Fathers, and he had applied
prior restraint by saying, in essence, "Answer my question, but don't give
me the answer I don't want to hear."

Now do you get it?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
Go ahead and if you disagree with his "I know better" statement just say
so and why.

Because what he says he "knows better" than is that government is _supposed_
to be limited to certain functions that serve the public good (like roads
and sewers), and not rule us like an emperor or king, which is what the
Revolutionary War was for - to throw off the chains of the king. The
liberals would have us put on our own chains and turn over their will and
their life to Big Nanny; I don't care whom they assign as their own master,
but I strenuously object to the efforts to rule over me and other Real
Americans.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
The purpose of government is to enforce contracts and schlep our sewage,

Out of curiosity, and because I think the answer might be very
interesting, where did you get this idea, Rich? Don't tell us "the
Founding Fathers."

Why not? Why would you apply prior restraint to my answer? Is it because
you're afraid it won't agree with your programming?

It's because it would be a waste of your time. But please, go ahead with
your answer. I'm all ears.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Why not?

The answer was in the portion you snipped.
"I've read a great deal of what they wrote and I know better."

I wonder how he "knows better?" Karl Marx? The Communist Manifesto?

If he has some other writings that tell him that the Founding Fathers
were wrong, doesn't it behoove him to put his money where his mouth
is?

What we do have is the actual words of the Founders, which don't agree with
what you wrote about the "purpose of government." Not even close. They
weren't "wrong." They said what they said.

So tell us, please, where did you get the idea that "The purpose of
government is to enforce contracts and schlep our sewage."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Why not?

The answer was in the portion you snipped.
"I've read a great deal of what they wrote and I know better."

I wonder how he "knows better?" Karl Marx? The Communist Manifesto?

If he has some other writings that tell him that the Founding Fathers
were wrong, doesn't it behoove him to put his money where his mouth
is?

That's what he was asking you to do.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Go ahead and if you disagree with his "I know better" statement just say
so and why.

It might, as Ed mentioned, actually be interesting.

He said, "Where did you get this idea, and don't say "The Founding
Fathers."

Unfortunately, I got the idea from the Founding Fathers...

Quotes, please. The Federalist Papers is sort of a condensed version, if you
need a place to start. And there are some 4,000 indexed documents of Thomas
Jefferson in the online archives from U. of Va. Madison is more difficult,
and you probably won't want to bother with Hamilton, because he's the one
who contradicts what you said most directly.

..., and he had applied
prior restraint by saying, in essence, "Answer my question, but don't give
me the answer I don't want to hear."

Now do you get it?

I'd love to hear it, Rich, if that's where you got it. I was just trying to
save you from going up a blind alley. But if that's where you want to go, by
all means, go for it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
John R. Carroll wrote:
Go ahead and if you disagree with his "I know better" statement just say
so and why.

Because what he says he "knows better" than is that government is
_supposed_
to be limited to certain functions that serve the public good (like roads
and sewers),

No, I didn't say that at all. What I said is that I know better than to
believe you got the idea that "The purpose of government is to enforce
contracts and schlep our sewage" from them.

If you think it did, please tell us where.

--
Ed Huntress