Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Beginning programming question

Well, that was a LONG time ago. Certainly more than 40 years! Maybe it just seemed like 3 seconds. I know no other programs performed that way.

Paper? Yes, I bought home boxes of paper, to. Gave away to friends and neighbors. Still was creating boxes of paper up into the 1990's. I still have some very large program listings that I am proud of.

One is a 360 assembly program that used direct calls to DOS for IO functions. I was trying to access the console typewriter and other devices. Another program listing is for a Burroughs computer that let me edit and compile programs and control the computer remotely from a terminal. All the other programmers were still using punched cards. Now days, it's hard to figure out how the programs worked and what the code is doing.

Paul.