Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Beginning programming question

Sounds like he has found the scripts to be deficient in some ways. I am not familiar with those products, other than name. They may have options that allow extensions, or the scripting may allow extensions, so he should first see if such are allowed and follow that trail to an appropriate programming language.

As others have written, a lot depends on the computer operating system he is using.

My favorites were also "C", assembly and for the old Burroughs medium system, "BPL". But in most cases I had to use what was available.

Paul