Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Contrasts in our healthcare system

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:57:01 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 20:04:50 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm sorry to hear you are injured. That is never fun.

I'm OK, thanks Chris.

I didn't bother mentioning this minor event to my sister Kathy who has
been a lifelong member of LDS and was married (joined for eternity) in
the temple in Salt Lake City.

I didn't like the man she married. He was a deacon in the Church,
treated her abusively in my opinion but none of my beeswax.

Deacons, according to the bible, must be men of good standing in the
church,
not drinkers, married to one wife, and have their children and lives in
order. In the LDS church, a boy can be a deacon at age 12.

http://www.gotquestions.org/qualific...s-deacons.html

Steve

He did fit the bill.

"The qualifications of the bishop/elder/pastor are found in 1 Timothy
3:1-7: "This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a
bishop, he desires a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the
husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior,
hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy
for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules
his own house well, having his children in submission with all
reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how
will he take care of the church of God?);"

Nothing saying he should earn a living, be responsible, or treat his
family as anything but subjects. He treated my sister like a galley
slave.

I am a Mormon apostate. Someone who once was a member, but were either
kicked out, or requested out. I know a lot of the inner workings, but this
is not the place to go into that discussion. Information in the church is
given on a need to know and what level you are on basis, based on Masonism,
so a lot of the lower level members are uninformed as to the real workings
and beliefs of the church. Let's just say that he was a typical Mormon. In
the Mormon faith, a man must draw a woman into Heaven, she cannot get there
on her own.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The "Heaven" you describe is the upper reaches of the
Celestial Kingdom, also called Exaltation. There is a lot of
very good afterlife levels available to unmarried women.

I think most churches, it takes years of study to
understand. That "learning progression" is common to most
groups.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus